Associate Director, Global Analytics & Insights - Liver
Associate Director, Global Analytics & Insights - Liver
United Kingdom - Uxbridge
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer, inflammation and serious respiratory conditions.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Global Analytics & Insights (GA&I) team for an Associate Director, Liver, based out of Stockley Park, UK.
The candidate should have extensive experience of market research, forecasting and analytics within the pharmaceutical industry. The role will focus on the Liver Market.
Specific Job Requirements
- Maintains, and develops as required, the short/mid-term Liver forecast models on excel-based forecasting tools and internal Gilead platforms
- In partnership with Global Commercial Product Strategy (GCPS),country-level Analytics and Insights colleagues, and Finance colleagues, collates the market forecasts, supports the reviews and challenges affiliates' assumptions during the LE (latest Estimate) forecasting cycle; provides insight and analysis and develops material for presentation to senior management:
- Co-develops Global Commercial LE guidance together with GCPS
- Attends, and provides input to, various LE meetings
- Consolidates affiliates' forecasts across the region and challenges as required
- Co-develops regional story together with GCPS and Finance
- Gathers data and analyses the dynamics of the market, new competitors, and drivers and barriers in order to create/consolidate the forecast for Global, but with a focus on supporting the key affiliates
- Analyses impact of portfolio, new competitors, new formulations etc.
- Understands differences per key market, in particular the top 10 countries for Gilead's liver market
- Collaborates with global colleagues to provide input and assumptions for the long-range plan.
- Provides ongoing support to regional and affiliate stakeholders, including development and alignment of KPIs across the region, running ATU and measuring key internal metrics to understand the success of launch readiness and align globally.
- Owns data and reporting needs for AntiFungal market and develops analyses and insights to support the Commercial team and associated Marketing strategies, e.g. updates on product performance.
- Develops insights and prepares material in preparation for the future lifecycle plans
Provide evidence-based insights to drive strategic objectives:
- Works closely with the Live cross-functional team, including Commercial, Medical, Finance and Legal, to co-develop forward-looking Market Research plans for Global based on key business needs and identifying the specific projects to develop at region / country level.
- Develops and manages execution of Demand Estimation research for growth opportunities in the Liverl market.
Manage day-to-day market research process:
- Independently leads projects, coordinating input from the cross-functional team to scope, design and manage the execution of qualitative and quantitative Market Research studies.
- Selects the appropriate Market Research agencies through a rigorous Request for Proposal' process and ensures delivery to time, quality and budget.
- Collaborates with primary and secondary Market Research agencies to collect data and develop insights to inform market understanding, business decisions, analytics and forecasting.
- Interprets Market Research outputs and effectively communicates the results to a range of internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization, ensuring insights are actionable, impactful and reach a wide audience.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Educated to degree level or above.
- Extensive experience conducting qualitative and quantitative primary and secondary market research in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Extensive experience of forecasting and analytics in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in specialty markets and in-depth knowledge of sales and marketing organizations and pharmaceutical data sources
- Strong project management skills - planning, prioritization, organizational ability, objective setting, meeting management and plan execution; making things happen and quickly is important in this role.
- Able to prioritize and utilize limited resources to manage multiple and/or conflicting requests from a variety of internal customers, manage peak workload periods and ad hoc requests.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact cross-functionally and at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate both orally and in writing.
- High attention to detail together with an ability to understand the 'big picture'.
- Has an opinion, is a part of the team that decides on commercial strategy and is not just a provider of information.
Specific Requirements - Business Analytics
- In-depth knowledge of MS Excel and business intelligence systems and tools and their application in the pharmaceutical industry.
Specific Requirements - Forecasting
- Knowledge of and experience in forecast modeling techniques and the application to a particular business problem.
- Experience in developing forecasts for key global markets preferred.
Gilead's core values;
- Integrity (always doing the right thing)
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith)
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-Kingdom---Uxbridge/Associate-Director--Global-Analytics---Insights---Liver_R0019919-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency