Executive Director, Clinical Development (MD) - Oncology
Executive Director, Clinical Development (MD) - Oncology
United States - New Jersey - Morris Plains
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the competitive landscape within Oncology, including having a perspective on how clinical practice and patient needs are evolving as well as therapeutic area trends and their relevance to the Gilead portfolio; Responsible for clinical development's assessment of both internal and external opportunities to advance Gilead's portfolio and actively seeks opportunities to form external partnerships to strengthen Gilead's Oncology portfolio and probability of success.
- Influence and Partnership: Establishes and maintains strong, collaborative relationships with Research, Development, Business Development, and Commercial stakeholders; Establishes and maintains an external network including relationships with the innovation community, medical and scientific organizations, governmental bodies and patient organizations within Oncology; Leverages to identify opportunities and sources of innovation; Sets the expectation for and models a collaborative and enterprise mindset.
- Delivery Excellence: Responsible for ensuring that key Oncology program is aligned with disease area strategies and appropriate activities are prioritized; Facilitates efforts across therapeutic area and is accountable for the technical execution of programs within the Oncology portfolio; Supports the operational direction for programs clinical research teams within the Oncology organization, which includes responsibility for scientific and medical aspects of clinical studies such as protocol design, risk benefit assessment, and medical monitoring.
- Innovation: Thinks creatively and brings innovative solutions to the TA; Identifies and leverages advances in clinical development, where appropriate, such as real-world data, analytics, and innovative trial designs.
- Decision-making: Supports a culture of rigorous data-driven decision making that rewards truth-seeking behavior; Encourages employees to exercise good judgement and embrace decision making; Empowers capable individuals to be accountable decision-makers.
- Communication: Advocates on behalf of Gilead and effectively communicates complex medical/clinical concepts in both written and oral communication to both internal and external stakeholders
Essential Responsibilities and Role Functions:
You have a track record of successfully developing Oncology therapies. You will have the ability to thrive in a matrix environment and work collaboratively with internal stakeholders across different functions. You have practical experience in identifying, vetting and managing external partnerships including vendors, academic and industry collaborators. You have excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to translate between business leaders, scientists, and medical professionals.
- Will be part of a team responsible for all scientific aspects of conceptualizing and planning trials.
- Will be part of a team responsible for the preparation/review of regulatory documents, IND annual reports, IND safety reports, investigator brochures, and development plans.
- Provides or oversees medical monitoring for clinical trials, including assessment of eligibility criteria, toxicity management, and drug safety surveillance.
- Ensures adherence to regulatory requirements of study conduct and industry standards of Good Clinical Practice.
- Coordinates the collection and analysis of clinical data for internal analysis and review.
- Will be part of a team responsible for managing the preparation and/or review of data listings, summary tables, study results, study reports, and clinical NDA sections.
- Prepares presentations for scientific conferences as well as for clinical study investigator meetings and expert advisory meetings.
- Develops manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Will be part of a team responsible for defending the clinical development program before regulatory authorities.
- Serves as a scientific and clinical resource within Gilead Clinical Research.
- Provides scientific and clinical guidance to Biology, Toxicology, Clinical Trials Management, Biometrics, Global Drug Safety, Regulatory, and Project Management staff.
- Assists in the clinical evaluation of business development opportunities.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- MD degree and board certification or equivalent years of clinical research experience in Oncology
- 6 + years required in the pharmaceutical industry with a proven success record in clinical research studies and trial design.
- Relevant industrial or academic experience in clinical research with basic understanding of Good Clinical Practices.
- Ability to think analytically and strategically to formulate, develop, and execute clinical plans.
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to set vision, lead change, and mentor others.
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team to cultivate an inclusive environment of respectful, open, and honest dialogue and to foster a robust sharing of ideas and creative problem solving.
- Excellent scientific written and oral communication skills.
- Facility with engaging internal and external experts in constructive scientific and clinical dialog around study design, study conduct, and interpretation of clinical results.
- Well-developed sense of integrity, strong work ethic, scrupulous attention to detail, clear ability to establish and maintain timelines, and persistent commitment to ensuring a high level of quality.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to company, scientific, regulatory, investigator, and other meetings (~20-30% travel expected).
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it's not just what we do that gives us an edge, it's how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
- Integrity - Doing What's Right
- Inclusion - Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork - Working Together
- Accountability - Taking Personal Responsibility
- Excellence - Being Your Best
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---New-Jersey---Morris-Plains/Executive-Director--Clinical-Research--MD----Oncology_R0019968-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency