Manager, Clinical Data Management
Manager, Clinical Data Management
Ireland - Dublin
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
- Works collaboratively with Programming (Clinical and Statistical) Clinical Operations,
- Biostatistics and others such as Clinical Research, Global Patient Safety, Regulatory and Project Management staff to meet project deliverables and timelines for moderately complex clinical data acquisition, quality checking and reporting.
- Ensures completeness, accuracy and consistency of clinical data and data structure across all Training and mentoring of CDM staff on business process and clinical programs.
- Participate in the development, review and implementation of processes, policies, SOPs and associated documents affecting CDM.
- Participate in CDM and cross functional initiative teams.
- Project level coordination of CDM tasks, while demonstrating knowledge of handson work.
- Communication and escalation of project level issues including processes, timelines, resourcing, performance, etc.
- Support of regulatory submission activities for assigned project.
- Assist with response to questions and findings from Clinical Quality Assurance (CQA) and other audits at the study / vendor level.
- Communicates with functional peers regarding project status and issues and ensure project team goals are met.
- Participates in the recruiting and hiring process for CDMAs and support their professional development.
- Provides guidance and training to CROs, vendors, investigators, and study coordinators on study requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are required.
- Working knowledge and experience with FDA/EMA regulations and familiarity with webbased Electronic Data Capture (EDC), clinical data management systems and industry wide thesauri, such as MedDRA.
- Anticipates internal resource needs and external costs for the short and long term. Works with senior management and HR to ensure longterm resource allocation within a therapeutic area.
- Demonstrates the ability to work within budget constraints, while utilizing resources efficiently and in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Leads and provides oversight for the execution of data management activities at the project level (for a product or for multiple products).
- May have accountability for delivery of departmental infrastructure projects.
- May be responsible for an expert group within the department (e.g. pediatric trials, laboratory data, PK data) and/or may have substantial responsibility for the management of outside vendors.
- Assists with data management activities for regulatory submissions.
- Participates in CDM organizational improvement discussions.
- Acts as consultant to study management teams with respect to data management risks and issue management.
- Understands the implications of conducting moderately complex studies outside of the United States.
- Coordinates and mentors CDMA I, CDMA II and Senior CDMA
Typical Education and Experience
- Relevant years of experience and a BS degree.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Ireland---Dublin/Manager--Clinical-Data-Management_R0019703
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency