Senior Manufacturing Engineer I
Senior Manufacturing Engineer I
United States - California - La Verne
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer I
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver lifesaving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
- Lead the implementation of process and packaging equipment improvement projects designed to reduce or eliminate risks to product quality and inefficiencies in our current processes in Packaging Operations.
- Manage operational expense type projects involving detailed project plans, implementation schedules, deliverables, change management, CAPA and design specification documentation.
- Provide high level project status updates and deliverables to site level executives, project stakeholders and teams.
- Lead technical assessments at the packaging lines and in the inspection areas in support of deviation event investigations typically hosted by Packaging Engineering, Validation or Quality Assurance groups.
- Provide routine technical support in the production areas, alongside other engineers, technicians and operators during underperforming production time periods in Packaging Operations.
- Contribute to the development of the Packaging Operations department strategy.
- Support and contribute to site continuous improvement initiatives.
Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrates good working knowledge of troubleshooting packaging equipment and system integration challenges involving Ethernet based networks, Vision Systems, Laser Printers, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs), Servo Motion Controllers and Analog/Digital devices.
- Demonstrates good understanding and application of engineering principles, concepts and standards.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead and instruct others during underperforming production time periods.
- Demonstrates the ability to read and redline mechanical and electrical schematics.
- Demonstrates proficiency in current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and safety regulations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of OEE, MTBF, and root cause failure analysis.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to multi-task and manage complex business scenarios.
- Demonstrates the ability to deliver acceptable results with minimal oversight.
- Demonstrates the ability to collaborate well with other technical leaders.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop junior level engineers and maintenance technicians, technically and professionally.
- Proficient in utilization of Microsoft Office applications.
Required Education & Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and a minimum of eight (8) years of relevant work experience or a Master's Degree and a minimum of six (6) years of relevant work experience.
- Previous work experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry.
- Has previous experience in engineering in highly regulated manufacturing environments.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---La-Verne/Senior-Manufacturing-Engineer-I_R0019873-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency