IT Business Systems Analyst II
IT Business Systems Analyst II
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs
in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people.
The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening
diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries
worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are
a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills
through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and
fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and
empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to
discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of
the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology,
Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide
the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will
also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology
Specific Responsibilities and Skills
The R&D group within IT department is responsible for working with functional business partners in the design, build, deployment, and support of business applications globally. The IT Business Systems Analyst II in conjunction with DevOps Lead and Global capability lead work together to deliver against set business objectives and have measured outcomes- typically leading the applications-related business and technology workstreams. R&D / PDM group also works closely with other cross-functional groups within IT namely Security, Worldwide Infrastructure Operations, and Enterprise Platform teams in the delivery of these capabilities leveraging Systems Life cycle (SLC) methodologies. The IT Business Analyst II will be responsible for business capabilities in the areas related to Research and Drug Development areas -Medical Affairs and Regulatory functional domain. The IT Business Analyst II sets the strategy, roadmap, and feature definition for the manufacturing and supply chain product line. The IT Business Analyst II will support the development of the business vision and capability map for the R&D business. This individual works with the business on its strategic requirements and is responsible for the delivery and sustainment of the end to end customer experience. This role specifically requires strong management and leadership experience to work with capability managers and functional business partners in the design, deployment, and support of business applications supporting the Medical Affaris and Regulatory space within the Development Organization. The capability manager is responsible for the ideation, planning, development oversight of one or more business or information technology capabilities. Participates in short and long-term business or IT strategic planning sessions, identifying opportunities, and making recommendations for the enablement of capabilities. Leads the analysis efforts for business case development, including resource estimates, prioritization, and categorization. Advises on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impacts on end-user, processes, and system priorities. Collaborates with functional stakeholders and technical resources to cultivate technology solutions aligned with business or IT strategies. Establishes and maintains a strategic relationship with functional level stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
General responsibilities for this position will include (but are not limited to) the following:
Leadership & Management
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
Must have demonstrated implementation experience of Drug Development Systems including Medical Affairs & Regulatory Systems in a Bio-pharmaceutical industry.
- Laser-focused and strong delivery experience managing large, complex projects.
- Must think ahead strategically and must be able to weigh and decide between implementing new functionality by configuration vs assessment of new technology.
- Has a strong working understanding of installed systems, with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve any problems on the existing system(s) supported and is aware of integration points with other systems
- Demonstrates proficiency with one or more technology environments, with the ability to learn and apply new and emerging concepts very quickly.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of IT and the service catalog and assigned departments/business areas
- Strong communication, excellent research skills, and learning agility to understand internal business or IT process, best practices and translate into technology needs/opportunities
- Strong work ethic, a sense of business urgency, and the ability to work effectively with many deadlines in a complex matrix organization
- Strong business acumen
- Possesses strong leadership skills and ability to make critical decisions
- Ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems
- Strong executive-level verbal and written communications
- Extensive experience in stakeholder management, dealing with senior management up to executive level
- Ability to work with dispersed and global teams and locations
- Excellent at interpersonal skills and relationship development
- Specific experience in the Life Sciences/Pharma/Medical Devices/Healthcare industries is preferred
- Good understanding of GxP compliance and 21 CFR Part 11 requirements.
- High School and Nine Years Experience OR Associates Degree and Seven Years Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Five Years' Experience OR Masters' Degree and Three Years' Experience
-Experience in general pharmaceutical R&D area business processes covering Medical Affairs' and Regulatory Affairs
- Experience working on various Pharmaceutical R&D systems like Veeva CRM, Veeva MedComms, Salesforce, content management.
- Experience working with Computer System Validation in a GxP regulated area
- Experience with Agile, Scrum methodologies and DevOps, Cloud certification is a plus
- Professional written, verbal, & interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively & work independently
- Strong communication skills are a must
- Experience in GxP applications (and Good Documentation Practices).
- Have the ability to support mission-critical business solutions using IT as a tool.
- Experience working with SaaS applications and monitoring service levels and deployment schedules
- Experience managing a large group of consultants for delivery and sustainment and ensuring the quality of deliverables
- Bridges gap between business and IT, for small/ simple IT systems and projects
- Track record working in a fast-paced, highly iterative environment
- Strong Listener: Be able to patiently listen to understand the business needs
- Communication - Should be able to communicate with business stakeholders and be able to communicate complex solutions and value in business terms. Verbal communication skills are critical and the ability to adapt and learn to changing business environment and domains is a must
- Experience in Life Sciences is a must.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/IT-Business-Systems-Analyst-II_R0017697-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency