Manager, Public Affairs (Corporate Giving)
Manager, Public Affairs (Corporate Giving)
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Reporting to the Senior Director, Public Affairs, this role is responsible for ensuring the overall coordination of activities and deliverables across multiple strategic giving initiatives, including the Gilead COMPASS Initiative, HIV Age Positively, HepConnect, RADIAN and others.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Oversee third party independent evaluator for giving programs, including monitoring evaluation deliverables and collaboration with community grantees, while reporting progress to internal and external stakeholders
- In collaboration with Corporate Communications function, implement communications plan and tactics for the initiative, ensuring proper and accurate dissemination of program goals, objectives, activities, engagement of community partners and impact to internal and external stakeholders
- Oversee all grant agreements, reporting requirements and financial stewardship of primary grantees
- Plan and execute regular monitoring calls/meetings in synergy with progress, reporting cycles, ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations and policies
- Organize and manage logistics for regular internal and external meetings, including preparation of agendas, summative reports on project progress and meeting minutes
- Establish and manage accurate, timely and complete records process and ensures proper fiscal and impact reporting
- Prepare impactful PowerPoint slides for various audiences, including senior leaders.
- Coordinate project activities and communicate relevant updates across multiple internal functions and external stakeholders.
- Provide support to Program Directors and other team members as needed, including reviewing select grant proposals, assisting with sponsorship agreements and activations, employee matching program and other assignments.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in communications, business administration or related field and minimum 7+ years of relevant experience, which includes 4-5+ years of experience specific to project management and/or philanthropy.
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulations and best practices specific to grants management, specifically within pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience working collaboratively, yet in a leadership role, with cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are required
- Ability to navigate large, matrixed corporate environment is essential
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple competing priorities is essential
- Sound judgment and professional maturity are essential
- Ability to engage multiple internal and external stakeholders, and synthesize interests and priorities into project planning and management
- Advanced knowledge and experience using a number of office software such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, etc., is required.
- The ideal candidate will exhibit a high level of personal integrity and teamwork consistent with Gilead's core values
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Manager--Public-Affairs--Corporate-Giving-_R0019897
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency