Manager, Supply Chain - Production Scheduler Planner
Manager, Supply Chain - Production Scheduler Planner
United States - New Jersey - Morris Plains
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Manager, Supply Chain - Production Planning and Scheduling
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Role and Responsibilities:
Responsible for development of the manufacturing plan and scheduling process for the Morris Plains site to enable successful clinical and commercial production in a cGMP biologics manufacturing environment.
- Develop and maintain the manufacturing scheduling and planning process. Evaluate and deploy needed planning templates, tools and systems. Develop standard operating procedures (SOPs), Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), standard reporting, and analysis.
- Create monthly, weekly and daily production schedules within the capacity constraints [raw materials, equipment or labor] for all of Morris Plains site Manufacturing Operations, including Upstream Manufacturing, Downstream Manufacturing, and Manufacturing Support.
- Schedule effectively to achieve delivery performance, meet product quality objectives, daily resource productivity and general effectiveness of all supporting functions.
- Coordinate efforts cross-functionally to seek solutions which utilize equipment and resources to meet strategic milestones and achieve the product release plan.
- Establish a one-shutdown-per-year operating model by identifying opportunities for access of the engineering, validation and maintenance teams and analyze impacts to production campaign for all scheduled and unscheduled investigations and work.
- Manage continuous communications between the Production, Facilities, Engineering Maintenance, TechOps, Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Supply Chain functions to stay abreast of all schedule-related events.
- Monitor the pace of production and ensure timelines are met. Communicate production status to managers and internal customers on a regular basis; escalate issues as appropriate. Analyze delays and propose solutions to achieve deadlines or provide planning support to teams involved in resolving the delay.
- Act as a liaison between the site and Global Supply Chain and Procurement teams and attend Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) meetings.
- Recommend changes in manufacturing equipment, personnel utilization and shift structure to optimize costs or throughput.
- Publish daily and weekly reports on schedule adherence and delivery metrics. Update area Tier boards and KPI tracking systems.
- Lead and support the implementation of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools and large-scale initiatives as a representative of the Supply Chain team and site as Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Lead the collaborative scenario planning and analysis during production transition periods including area or equipment shutdown and startup. Ensure these plans are highly visual and communicated.
- Lead the scheduling of non-normal production work and sequence of activities required in support of the annual shutdown.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulatory standards for employee health, safety and environmental requirements.
- Proactively resolve conflicts between areas and departments.
- Collaborate within the Supply Chain team to ensure visibility to the plan and develop inventory targets for maintenance of proper stock levels of components, raw materials, and consumables.
- Leads assigned projects (large or small) for Supply Chain or as assigned.
This role does not involve supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Knowledge of biologics and cGMP manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of ERP systems as they related to manufacturing planning.
- Demonstrated ability to assess/build/deploy planning and scheduling tools, systems and structure in a production environment that is evolving.
- Must possess strong communication (oral and written), organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well within a team environment and persevere in changing conditions with the ability to shift plans and priorities often to meet mid- and long-term objectives.
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office, industry-standard software systems and other means of electronic communications.
- Be proactive in identifying, communicating and escalating issues.
- Ability to forecast and plan for daily manufacturing activities.
- Ability to solve complex operational problems with cross-functional team involvement.
- Strong decision-making abilities and recognize that erroneous decision will have a negative impact on the site's ability to deliver therapies to patients.
- Must possess a high affinity for organization of information and an appreciation for information accuracy.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Engineering or relevant technical field.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in related field and a BS or BA; or 5+ years of relevant experience and a MA/MBA
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---New-Jersey---Morris-Plains/Manager--Supply-Chain---Production-Scheduler-Planner_R0019906-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency