Postdoctoral position available in the laboratory of Dr. Elliot Chaikof for a candidate with demonstrated experience in the synthesis of large glycans containing amino sugars, sialylation, post glycosylation modifications, and peptide synthesis. The candidate is expected to carry out multi-step synthesis of oligosaccharides and closely interact with chemists to efficiently pursue glycopeptide therapeutics, as well as to develop novel peptide conjugation strategies to support drug discovery.
PhD in organic chemistry, chemical biology or medicinal chemistry required. Submit CV to:
- Initiates and directs the design, synthesis, purification and characterization of oligosaccharides and glycopeptides.
- Facilitates the design of new bioactive compounds by interacting with other chemists. Monitors and evaluates completion of tasks and projects.
- Requires a PhD in organic chemistry preferably with experience in sialylation and post glycosylation modifications, synthesis of large glycans containing amino sugars, and peptide synthesis
- Experience in glycopeptide chemistry and solid phase peptide synthesis is desirable.
- The candidate is expected to carry out multi-step synthesis of oligosaccharides and closely interact with chemists to efficiently pursue glycopeptide therapeutics, as well as to develop novel peptide conjugation strategies to support drug discovery.
- Must be an energetic, out-of-box thinker with positive attitude. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required, as is the desire and ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Expert knowledge of scientific principles and concepts. Demonstrated success as exemplified by peer-reviewed publications, scientific creativity, and independent thought.
The Chaikof lab is located in the Center for Life Sciences Building in the Longwood medical area, directly adjacent to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Boston Children’s Hospital.
CLS 11090, 3 Blackfan Circle, Boston, MA 02115.
Harvard-MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology (https://hst.mit.edu/users/echaikofbidmcharvardedu)
Harvard Stem Cell Institute (hsci.harvard.edu/people/elliot-chaikof-md-phd)
Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering (wyss.harvard.edu/team/associate-faculty/elliot-chaikof/)
Harvard-MIT MD-PhD Program Leadership (hms.harvard.edu/md_phd/administration/index.html)
Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard