The CII is seeking Postdoctoral Research Scientists to pursue projects that focus on molecular and serological diagnostics, epidemiology, surveillance, capacity building in the developing world, and biomarker discovery in acute and chronic diseases. Candidates should be creative, and capable of both independent and collaborative research, and have expertise in microbial genomics, immunology, epigenetics, and/or data science.
• Work on modeling and other projects that broadly integrate evolutionary, ecological, and biodiversity data into emerging disease and zoonotic disease models.
• Work closely with the Director, science staff, and collaborators to design and execute analytical projects in basic and translational research in infectious diseases.
• Assist with grant and manuscript writing.
• Use a strong fact basis and collaborative approach to formulate alternative and creative solutions to problems and sensitive issues.
• Minimum of PhD, DVM, or MD in: Biology, Microbiology, Public Health, or expertise in. microbial genomics, immunology, and/or data science.
• Strong quantitative analytical skills
• Demonstrated writing and research skills including publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals
• Ability to conduct literature reviews, data collation and cleaning, and exploratory data analyses
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills with a keen eye for detail
• Proven ability to work independently
• Self-driven, highly motivated, organized, and willing to perform research
• Cultural sensitivity
• Willingness to work some mornings, evenings, and weekends.
• Fluency in written and spoken English required