Associate Director, Sales HIV
Associate Director, Sales HIV
Australia - Melbourne
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new drug discovery and investigational candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include liver diseases, infectious diseases, inflammatory diseases and cancer.
Gilead Sciences in Melbourne, Australia is seeking a knowledgeable and motivated professional capable of working effectively in a cross-functional team environment. The successful candidate will assume a full- time employment in the HIV department and report to the Business Unit Director. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
- Recruit and develop a high preforming sales team (national), including development plans, performance reviews, in-field coaching
- Develop and implement sales strategy for Gilead portfolio of products.
- Responsible for the sales effort and achieving all geographic product revenue and expense targets
- Core member of the Brand Team, contribution to commercial strategy and execution
- Liaise with Medical and Sales and Marketing to ensure effective communication and implementation of sales and marketing strategies.
- Establishes effective working relationships with key opinion leaders locally and nationally which can influence prescribing policy/protocol position.
- Ensures monitoring systems are in place and being managed effectively in order to evaluate sales force effectiveness
- Establishes and meets future developmental needs of the team. Works with team to create learning plans and recommends training and development solutions and provides mentoring and coaching as appropriate.
- Oversee the development of Territory Business Plans for entire sales team with regular review and progress reports to line manager
- Monthly sales performance reviews and contribute to country business reviews as required
- Responsible for overseeing and managing team (direct reports and third party service providers) to ensure compliance with Gilead's Code of Ethics and Business Conduct policies, including adherence to requirements of the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and Chinese laws.
- Remain familiar and up to date with industry trends and remains current with competitor's resources and practices.
Knowledge, Experience, Competencies & Skills
- At least 5 years in a Pharmaceutical National Sales Manager role(s) and collectively and 10+ years of relevant sales experience within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry.
- Proven results in an established pharmaceutical environment, leading a strong existing team.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills along with excellent influencing and negotiating skills.
- Must be able to develop, maintain, and utilize a high level of product and therapeutic disease knowledge to promote the appropriate use of Gilead products to Key Opinion Leaders and ensure a high level of knowledge is maintained across entire sales team
- Must be able to analyse highly complex data and put together concise reports while meeting all deadlines.
- Strong leadership in coaching and developing people, including performance management.
- A bachelor's degree, in science is preferred
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing)
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith)
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
Being Here Matters
At Gilead we are committed, hardworking and passionate about improving the lives of the patients who use our products. Our values - integrity, inclusion, teamwork, accountability and excellence - are evident in everything we do. We are a close-knit team where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development.
We want all our employees to embrace and leverage each other's talents and diverse perspectives, foster a sense of belonging, achieve their full career potential and contribute to the team's success. This is demonstrated through our Silver Status in the Australian Workplace Equity Index.
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Australia---Melbourne/Associate-Director--Sales-HIV_R0019787-2
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency