National Accounts Director, KAM-West
National Accounts Director, KAM-West
United States - California - San FranciscoUnited States - California - Los Angeles
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. We strive to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world. Gilead\'s portfolio of products and pipeline of investigational drugs includes treatments for HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer, inflammatory and respiratory diseases.
Gilead was founded in 1987 in Foster City, California. Since then, we have grown to become one of the world's largest biopharmaceutical companies, with 10,000 employees across six continents, and business locations in 38 countries.
National Accounts Director-KAM-West
Scope of position:
Territory covered: CA, CO WA OR, HI, ID, MT
- The Key Account Manager (KAM) is the lead within Corrections (County, State, and Federal), and Department of Defense (Military Health System/Military Treatment Systems)
- This position has a mixture of sales and account management. The KAM position is responsible for the entire Gilead portfolio and getting these products on formulary. Once on formulary the KAM is responsible for increasing product utilization and growing revenue.
- Main areas of focus: grow product revenue, formulary access to Gilead products, Linkage to Care, Knowledge/understanding of payment/drug flow, and Education/ In-Services.
- You will be working will many different departments and personnel including: State Medical Directors, State Pharmacy Directors, Inmates, Medical Providers, Nursing, P&T members, C-Suites, Discharge Planners, Wardens, MCOs, Correctional Pharmacies, Health Service Administrators, Department of health, etc
- Strong collaboration with Payer Strategy, Marketing, Field Sales (across multiple Therapeutic areas), Government affairs, and Managed Markets.
- Strong Sales competencies and ability to establish and maintain solid professional relationships
- Strong understanding of State policies and budgetary information
- Job involves Strategic account planning, Business to Business interactions, Negotiation, and Contracting
- Strong negotiating and contracting experience
- Understanding of Correctional Managed Care organizations, Correctional Pharmacy Providers, Affordable Care Act. 340b, Medicaid landscape, GPOs, State and Privately run correctional systems
- Strong emphasis on communication and understanding of policies/budgets
Specific job responsibilities
- Analytical Skills/Problem Solving
- Observes relationships among various data sets. Identifies the relationship between cause and effect by seeing the process in a flow chart manner and not just the final product.
- Views problems as unique business challenges to overcome. Utilizes a logical and systematic process to understand complex information and/or problems. Identifies actions and outcomes needed to get a desired result.
- Demonstrates understanding of how current situation impacts long term goals. Applies past experience to clarify potential implications of current situations.
- Recognizes/identifies the broader implications - identifies all that should be done
- Keeps the team current on events; shares needed or relevant information. Encourages active project participation by all members of team; soliciting input up-front from the team on decisions that will affect them.
- Promotes the proactive sharing of resources and information within and beyond the team. Develops an atmosphere of team spirit, cooperation and purpose within the group.
- Understands basic principles of business, account management (reimbursement, contracting), account variables/nuances of the local/regional market, and key competitors' strategies and applies these in negotiations and decision making.
- Develops clear, logical business plans for own accounts based on strengths and weaknesses of account's business model. Balances short term requests with long term priorities and makes sensible decisions about time and resources supporting these decisions by outlining what is to be done, when, and by whom using a pre-defined framework.
- Responsible for monitoring achievements through ongoing checks on performance.
Keeps up on general industry trends by reading relevant publications, attending conferences, etc.
- Uses ability to construct oral and written communication in a brief succinct manner to guide others to the desired outcome through a logical sequence of arguments, often directed to an executive audience.
- Uses the help of senior leaders to support an idea or influence account decisions, expressing confidence in one's abilities even in challenging and difficult situations.
- Holds keen understanding of customer business needs and takes them into consideration when defining business objectives and negotiating to achieve Gilead's goals.
- Uses experts or KOLs (e.g., national thought leaders, external managed care experts, senior executives within Gilead) to educate and inform key decision-makers. Spends time working with advocates in advance of speaking with decision-makers.
Knowledge of Account
- Asks questions to gain a deeper understanding of expressed issues and/or concerns of accounts (e.g., probes to go beyond face value); anticipates needs and questions.
- Works to understand the diverse nature of payer segments. Builds trust and cultivates relationships both within the account and within Gilead.
- Builds a network of business contacts based on an understanding of the relevant account structure and functions.
- Plans, establishes and maintains account relationships for assigned accounts.
Prepares materials for internal/external presentations to senior management and/or account representatives.
- Under the guidance of senior colleagues, creates detailed account plans and revenue forecasts.
- Meets personal sales targets across full line of products within assigned accounts.
Maintains adequate knowledge of Gilead's products and applies it to interactions with accounts.
- Under the guidance of senior colleagues, learns how to build and cement strong client relationships that support introduction of new products in the short - medium term.
- Follows up on commitments and responds to routine account requests for information and supporting materials within an agreed upon time frame.
- 12 years experience in biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries preferred.
- Excellent planning and project management skills
- Strong analytical and business insight skills
- Ability to influence senior management
- Knowledge of regulations governing pharmaceutical industry, healthcare, and understanding of account/contract provisions.
- Proficiency in technology tools used by Account Team and the various review platforms employed.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be able to set appropriate priorities with clients and be responsive to customers within the established timelines.
- Must be able to collaborate well with partners as well as internal departments.
Knowledge of laws and regulations governing pharmaceutical industry, healthcare, and understanding of account/contract provisions.
- 8 years of successful experience in a sales role or marketing role.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Sales, Pharmacy or related fields.
- Travel - up to 50%. (Many weekends conferences)
- Account management experience in Corrections is a plus
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---San-Francisco/National-Accounts-Director---KAM-West_R0019908-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency