Associate Director, Public Affairs - Canada
Associate Director, Public Affairs - Canada
Canada - Ontario - Mississauga
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. (Gilead) is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS and emerging viruses, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation.
Gilead Sciences Canada, Inc. (Gilead Canada) is the Canadian affiliate of Gilead and was established in Canada in 2006. Gilead Canada supports the full-scale commercial, medical, legal, regulatory, finance, public affairs and patient engagement operations for both Gilead and Kite, a Gilead Company, in Canada.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Public Affairs for Canada, the Associate Director role requires a seasoned Public Affairs professional who will be responsible for developing and implementing communication programs and community engagement efforts to proactively share Gilead's perspective on our key therapy areas, primarily oncology.
This role works closely with the cross-functional Canadian team, in addition to Public Affairs colleagues globally and within ACE (Australia, Canada and Europe), to communicate the value that our medicines deliver throughout their lifecycle.
- Develop and implement communication programs specific to our key therapeutic areas, with a specific focus on oncology
- Coordination with cross-functional colleagues to ensure alignment and collaboration on business priorities and messaging across different stakeholders
- Examine complex issues from a broader organization perspective, determine communications opportunities and develop and implement risk mitigation strategies
- Prepare communication materials, including strategic programs, key messages, Q&A documents, press releases, presentations etc.
- Develop/strengthen relationships with a wide variety of community advocates, organizations and professionals and champion patient engagement in appropriate cross-functional projects
- Increase understanding of patient sentiment and unmet need through regular advisory boards, community listening sessions and stakeholder engagement opportunities
- Develop strong relationships with key media, respond to media requests and arrange interviews with management and opinion leader spokespeople as appropriate
- Effectively manage public relations agency relationships, such as providing direction and project management
- Manage budgets to target
- Understand the regulatory framework in Canada and compliantly manage internal approvals and interactions with the review team.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Over 10 years of proven experience in public affairs, media and advocacy, including previous experience working in health care and/or oncology
- Ability to understand and accurately communicate complex science
- Demonstrated experience in media relations (traditional and social), issues management; knowledge of healthcare and industry media and reporting trends
- Experience managing multiple projects (timelines, budgets, priorities) simultaneously; flexibility and results-oriented focus are essential
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with senior management and high-profile experts appropriately, with confidence and ease
- Knowledge of the Canadian political/health policy environment, including processes and key stakeholders, is strongly preferred
- Fluency in English and French preferred
- Ability to engage and manage multiple stakeholders to achieve objectives
- Curious with a strong learning agility (the ability to rapidly study, analyze and understand new situations and business problems)
- Operationally excellent and resilient in the context of a rapidly changing environment
- Organised with systematic approach to prioritisation
- Process orientated to achieve the business objective
Gilead Core Values:
- Integrity (always doing the right thing),
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith),
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility).
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Canada---Ontario---Mississauga/Associate-Director--Public-Affairs---Canada_R0019720-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency