Sr. Manager, Risk Management
Sr. Manager, Risk Management
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is seeking a Sr. Manager, Risk Management to join its Risk Management team. The primary responsibility of this position is to ensure the continued success of the global property and business continuity risk management program, including management of all related risk control activities and insurance programs. The ideal candidate will be an energetic and motivated self-starter, with strong analytical thinking and technical expertise, as well as project management and communication skills. This position will report to the Director, Risk Management.The primary focus of the position will be to expand, enhance, and further implement Gilead's world-class property risk management program on a global basis. The position requires the ability to translate technical property risk control knowledge into practical and effective business solutions that can impact operations. Candidates should have a solid understanding of globally accepted fire protection and life safety standards, including FM Data Sheets and NFPA codes, with experience in applying them to critical, high hazard manufacturing facilities.In addition, the individual is responsible for owning and executing all aspects of the property and transit insurance programs, including assessing risks and recommending insurance program structures, leading insurance policy procurement, management of claims in partnership with internal and external counsel, management of relationships with third party service providers (including brokers, insurers and consultants), preparing loss reports and budgets, providing contract support, and ensuring compliance with insurance regulations.
The individual is expected to embrace Gilead's Core Values of Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability, Excellence, and Inclusion.
- Expand and enhance Gilead's property risk management program, including risk engineering capabilities
- Participate in on-site visits, domestically and internationally, to assess property and Nat Cat exposures
- Identify areas of risk control improvement and make data-supported recommendations that are understandable to a broad range of audiences
- Manage all aspects of insurance related to property risks, including the collection and organization of exposure information and recommendation of risk transfer structures
- Consistently maintain proper internal controls and ensure compliance with worldwide insurance laws and regulations, internal company policies and contractual obligations
- Regularly collaborate with various internal stakeholders, including Corporate Engineering, Facilities, Real Estate, EH&S, Manufacturing and Supply Chain to ensure protection of Gilead's assets and continuity of operations
- Regularly interface with brokers, insurers, consultants (including AXA XL Risk Consulting engineers) and third party claim administrators
- Perform timely and accurate ad hoc reporting and analyses as required
- Actively participate in cross-functional projects and lead department projects of varying complexities
- Prepare internal and external presentations
- Manage payment of invoices and resolve any invoice-related issues
- Provide support on management of open claims
Education, Experience and Skills
- 8+ years of experience in risk management, including at least 5 years of dedicated property risk control experience, either with an insurance company or at a Fortune 500 company
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Fire Science, Business or Finance
- Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS) or Professional Engineer (PE) certification preferable
- ARM designation preferable
- Strong working knowledge of fire protection and life safety best practices, including NFPA codes, FM Data Sheets and local requirements
- Experience working in a large, multi-national organization
- Life science, pharmaceutical, biotech, or chemical industry experience a plus
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to establish credibility and work effectively with multiple functions and diverse audiences
- Highly motivated and proactive individual with a positive mindset, able to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment both independently and in teams
- Demonstrated ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Possess technical knowledge on analytics, business foresight, and problem-solving skills
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Manager--Risk-Management_R0019890-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency