Senior Director, Medicinal Chemistry
Neomorph Inc is building the pre-eminent biotech in the protein degradation space. Focusing on next-generation approaches, Neomorph is assembling a world class team to advance the science around this emerging modality and address serious unmet medical needs.
Neomorph aims to solve critical problems in human health by advancing the technology of targeted protein degradation. We will tackle serious diseases that have been considered intractable due to a lack of ‘druggable’ therapeutic targets. Neomorph has a key collaboration with the Center for Protein Degradation at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute and our founders and management teams are composed of people that have demonstrated years of dedication to the field, and who are responsible for multiple major scientific advances in the space. We are seeking highly engaged and innovative individuals who wish to join us in building a collaborative and people-focused company, centered on scientific excellence in the pursuit of highly impactful and novel therapies.
Our ideal candidate:
You are an experienced leader and drug hunter with a proven track record in Lead Optimization and in delivering clinical candidates. You have exceptional leadership skills and a true passion around mentoring and developing internal talent.
This role will have responsibility for the success of chemistry aspects of the drug discovery teams through individual contributions, as well as project leadership, and through mentorship of your direct reports as emerging chemistry project leaders. Working as part of a cross-functional team spanning chemistry, biology, analytical sciences, pharmacology, DMPK and toxicology, you will use your expertise to both lead a single project while supervising multiple projects simultaneously to help advance our targeted protein degradation (TPD) platform.
- Drive medicinal chemistry efforts simultaneously on multiple projects from the earliest stages through to clinical development.
- Accountable for providing leadership, direction and contributing to project delivery through the motivation, collaborative working and development of people and line competence within the function.
- Demonstrate expertise in drug design and medicinal chemistry strategies to improve drug-likeness, ADME/DMPK and safety properties.
- Create and execute strategy to protect and expand intellectual property
- Manage external chemistry CROs.
- In collaboration with the VP of Chemistry, assist with developing a strategy for building and supporting highly innovative degradation platforms.
- PhD in organic chemistry or similar field, with at least 15 years of relevant experience working within an industry environment.
- Demonstrable ability to advance drug discovery programs from biological targets to delivery of development compounds.
- Experience with building robust data packages in support of IND filing is important.
- Experience interacting with CMOs for GLPtox batch and GMP synthesis is desirable.
- High level of creativity and productivity with strong synthetic problem-solving skills, synthetic methods and reactions mechanisms are required.
- Extensive experience in leading, mentoring, motivating, developing and organizing Ph.D. level scientists.
- Extensive experience in program leadership with a demonstrable track record of driving data-based scientific decision-making on programs.
- Demonstrable people and communication skills.