Applications Scientist, Life Science, Japan
We're looking to hire an Applications Scientist to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods.
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. FEP +, WaterMap, Glide, Maestro , and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the programs we've created.
As a member of our Japanese Applications Science team, based in Tokyo, you'll provide scientific support and presentations for life-science customers ranging from large pharmas to biotechs. You'll train and guide customers in their use of our groundbreaking molecular modeling suites and address challenging problems in drug discovery.
This position requires travel to visit customers in Japan and to attend international meetings a few times a year.
Who will love this job:
- A computer-aided design enthusiast (both in theory and application); specifically, someone with solid experience in drug design
- An excellent communicator and presenter with superb organizational skills
- A dedicated scientist interested in advancing drug discovery research
- A creative person who enjoys helping others solve problems
- A self-motivated team player who manages his / her own time well
What you'll do:
- Provide scientific support to current and prospective customers, which includes demonstrating the optimal use of our life science software suites, facilitating interactions between customers and product development teams, and providing general scientific guidance
- Engage in cutting edge scientific research and provide best practices for modeling automation to our customers
- Consolidate the existing customer base
- Publish scientific papers and present at conferences
- Work from the Tokyo office when not traveling for company business
What you should have:
- An advanced degree in computational chemistry, medicinal chemistry, or a related field
- A solid understanding of the commercial drug discovery process
- Fluency in Japanese language and Business level English language skills (both verbal and written)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel
It's a plus if you have :
- Experience in one of the following: molecular dynamics simulations, free energy calculation methods, ligand-based drug design, chemoinformatics, quantum mechanics, virtual screening and / or structural modeling at the pharmaceutical industry
- Post-doctoral research and / or relevant experience in the commercial or academic sector
- Python programming experience
Pay and Perks:
Schrödinger understands that it's people that make a company great. Because of this, we're prepared to offer a competitive salary, bonus plan, and benefits, which includes mutual-aid retirement plans, over three weeks of paid vacation time, numerous company holidays , a parental leave program, and healthcare through our partnership with the Japanese Health Insurance Association.