Zhejiang University (ZJU) invites highly qualified applicants for tenure system faculty positions
International Campus，Zhejiang University (ZJU) invites highly qualified applicants for tenure system faculty positions
ZJU International Campus is a strategic initiative of Zhejiang University. Our guiding principle of partnering and establishing joint institutes with world-class universities has resulted in collaboration of global and interdisciplinary distinctions. To date, two leading joint institutes in China have been successfully launched with the University of Edinburgh (the ZJU-UoE Institute) and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (the ZJU-UIUC Institute). In addition, we have established the Zhejiang University International Business School (ZIBS). The International Campus’ innovative and successful model of global education cooperation was highly endorsed in the Outline of the Integrated Development of the Yangtze River Delta, a government document jointly issued by the CPC Central Committee and the State Council in May, 2019.
In line with the accepted practice and working procedures of our partner universities, ZJU International Campus applies a comprehensive tenure system, which has attracted dozens of renowned scholars and outstanding young scientists from more than ten countries in the world. To pursue excellence in research, the Campus has set up the International Joint Innovation Center, incorporating the strengths of provincial and national laboratories including the Joint International Research Center for Advanced Photonics (Ministry of Education), the China-Portugal Joint Innovation Center for Advanced Materials among others. Furthermore, the Haining International Center of Zhejiang Intellectual Property Exchange Center, located at the campus, takes as its mission to promote deep integration of university research and the industry.
ZJU International Campus is located in Haining, a city with convenient transportation, rich cultural heritage and natural beauty. To advance development, we warmly welcome highly qualified scholars around the world to join in our journey toward high-quality cross-border education and research excellence.
We invite applications for tenure system (i.e. tenured and tenure-track) faculty positions. Desirable qualifications are as follows:
1. Tenured Positions (including tenured professor and tenured associate professor)
Associate professor or above from internationally renowned universities/research institutes, with high international reputation and leadership capacity in their own field.
2. Tenure-Track Positions (including tenure-track associate professor and tenure-track assistant professor)
Assistant professor or above from internationally renowned universities/research institutes or outstanding postdoctoral fellows, with considerable international academic reputation and scholarly impact.
1. Biomedical Sciences (ZJU-UoE Institute): stem cells, aging and regenerative medicine, infection and immunology, bio-informatics and medical informatics, and other biomedical areas.
2. Engineering (ZJU-UIUC Institute): computer science, advanced communication, networking，artificial intelligence, electrical engineering and electronics, mechanical engineering and advanced manufacturing, robotics, Nano technology, and civil and environmental engineering.
3. Fintech (ZIBS): digital economy and FinTech, new industry and technology management, international economics and finance, Chinese business study.
Work and Living Conditions:
ZJU International Campus upholds the University’s tradition of valuing our faculty and are committed to promoting their career development. We continue to optimize the campus academic environment, implement support policies, and offer internationally competitive work and living facilities.
1. Academic environment: Open and inclusive research environment and international education conditions, and a collegial internationalized faculty. Potential joint appointment between ZJU and our partnering universities (UoE, UIUC etc.) after evaluation.
2. Remuneration and awards: Internationally competitive salary and benefits in line with qualifications. Maximum award of CNY 4 million and CNY 2 million for recipients of national and provincial “Talent Programs” respectively.
3. Research conditions: Generous start-up research fund according to different scholarly areas. Strong support for allocation of doctor/master students and postdoctoral positions. Bilingual campus environment, and efficient administrative and service structure.
4. Housing arrangement: Rental of fully furnished apartment，or purchase of an on-campus Hainashire townhouse/apartment for eligible tenured/tenure-track faculty.
5. Other support: Relocating allowance; enrollment of children in preferred local schools, and assistance in seeking employment opportunities for spouse. Fine medical services provided by the two branch sections of the affiliated hospitals of ZJU in the neighborhood of the Campus. Recommendation and assistance in application of “Talent programs” at all levels.
How to Apply：
The positions remain open until filled. Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statements of research and teaching accomplishments, and three references to:
ZJU-UoE Institute (biomedical Sciences): Ms. Xinyi YANG at Xinyi_yang@zju.edu.cn, +86 571 87572816
ZJU-UIUC Institute (engineering): Ms. Chen ZHANG at email@example.com, +86 571 8757 2520
International Business School (Fintech): Ms. Lin ZHU at firstname.lastname@example.org, +86 571 87572366
Join us at the International Campus, Zhejiang University where
global resources converge and world talents assemble to innovate like the front of Qiantang Tide.
For more information, please visit:
ZJU International Campus: International Campus Zhejiang University | (zju.edu.cn)
ZJU-UIUC Institute: ZJU-UIUC Institute
International Business School: Zhejiang University International Business School (zju.edu.cn)
Apply for Zhejiang University (ZJU) invites highly qualified applicants for tenure system faculty positions
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly