Global Scholar Recruitment Campaign
City University of Hong Kong (CityU) is one of the world’s leading universities, known for innovation, creativity and research. We are now seeking exceptional scholars to join us as Assistant Professors/Associate Professors/Professors/Chair Professors (on substantiation-track) in all academic fields with special focuses on One Health, Digital Society, Smart City, Matter, Brain, and related interdisciplinary areas. Research fields of particular interest include, but not limited to:
• biomedical science and engineering
• computer science and data science
• neuroscience and neural engineering
• bio-statistics and AI-healthcare
• smart/semi-conductor manufacturing
• AI/robotics/autonomous systems
• aerospace and microelectronics engineering
• energy generation and storage
• digital business and innovation management
• fintech and business analytics
• computational social sciences
• digital humanities
• digital and new media
• law and technology
• private law
• healthy, smart and sustainable cities
Successful candidates should have a demonstrated ability to build a world-class research programme related to CityU’s strategic research areas, plus a commitment to education and student mentorship. Candidates must possess a doctorate in their respective field by the time of appointment.
Applications and nominations are invited for :
Chair Professor/Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor in the Department of Physics [Ref. A/460/09]
The department is currently in a new phase of expansion. Presently, the department’s research activities are broadly organized into five theme areas: Theoretical and Computational Physics; Spectroscopy and Imaging; Low-dimensional Systems; Soft Matter and Biophysics; Atomic, Molecular, and Optical (AMO) Physics. For more information about the department, please visit https://www.cityu.edu.hk/phy/. Candidates are sought with expertise in the following areas. However, exceptional candidates outside the priority areas are also encouraged to apply.
– Quantum materials’ synthesis, particularly with expertise in single crystal growth
– Ultrafast spectroscopy
– Advanced microscopy for soft matter and biophysics applications
Theoretical and computational physics
– Statistical mechanics/complex systems/non-linear physics
– High-energy physics/Astrophysics/Cosmology
– Machine learning/first-principles calculations/large-scale simulations
– Modelling of social and public health problems (e.g., covid-19).
To apply, please submit an online application at https://www.cityu.edu.hk/provost/global-recruiting/.
City University of Hong Kong is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to the principle of diversity. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes.
Worldwide recognition ranking #48, and #4 among top 50 universities under age 50 (QS survey 2021); #1 in the World’s Most International Universities (THE survey 2020); #1 in Engineering/Technology/Computer Sciences in Hong Kong (ARWU survey 2016); and #1 Business School in Asia-Pacific region (UT Dallas survey 2019).