Senior Analyst / Manager, Business Process Improvement, Development Business Operations
Senior Analyst / Manager, Business Process Improvement, Development Business Operations
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. As part of our rapidly growing science-driven organization, colleagues at Gilead are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing urgently needed medicines to patients in the areas of HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, inflammation and respiratory diseases, and cardiovascular conditions. We are proud to have some of the most talented colleagues from across the research, healthcare, pharmaceutical, biotechnology & business sectors, working together and supporting each other to help make a real difference to the lives of patients.
We are currently seeking a Senior Analyst / Manager, Business Process Improvement in the Development Business Operations department. This department is a centralized shared services group aimed at delivering strategic, agile, and innovative business operations solutions by leveraging spend, driving internal collaboration, and strengthening external partnerships worldwide to advance Gilead's clinical development programs. We strive to be the partner of choice internally and externally, enabling operational excellence to advance patient care.
This position will serve as a leader, collaborator, and influencer within the Development Business Operations group and will be responsible for process documentation, mapping, and subsequent continuous improvement within the organization. The successful candidate will collaborate across the various teams under Development Business Operations and across all levels of the organization, combining strong process mindset and documentation skills with project management capabilities. Additionally, this individual will use their interpersonal abilities to drive process identification, documentation, adoption, and best practices across the various Development Business Operations teams. In this role, the candidate will become the external process consultant and expert across the various teams, both in terms of how processes run and are documented at the functional level, and also how they are linked across the various touchpoints and handoffs to the wider Development Operations functions we service.
This candidate will be collaborative, inquisitive, process minded, motivated, and self-directing with a strong process mapping, facilitation, documentation, and project management background.
The core responsibilities and skills required for this position include but is not limited to:
- Capable of leading and facilitating medium to large scale projects related to business processes mapping, documentation, and improvement across the departmental shared services areas
- Strong project management skillset which can drive continued team progress across multiple processes through identification, mapping, and documentation
- Develop process documentation content that is aligned with other controlled organizational policies, procedures, and best practices
- In collaboration with functional area heads and subject matter experts, develop process associated training materials in support of staff refresher training and new hire on-boarding
- Identify and report out on key metrics to track status and progress of the project
- Proactively work with the various functions to determine areas of opportunity for business process gaps and improvement opportunities
- Leads and/or participates in core process optimization programs related to the relevant departmental functions and participates in cross departmental process improvement initiatives
- In working with relevant departmental functions, may lead or participate in the design of process measurements while partnering with business intelligence to implement long term measurement capabilities
- Delivers with optimal collaboration, accountability, and integrity to business partners
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to assess process alignment and prioritize work, revisions, and subsequent collateral to ensure continued relevance and applicability.
- Drive the standardization and adoption of process documentation and continuous improvement best practices across the Development Business Operations organization.
- Translates the operational insights derived from stakeholder engagement to continually drive improvements in the department wide levels of process standardization and documentation
- Help support Development Business Operations functional strategy and tactics that enable Gilead to compete more effectively in clinical drug development business processes
- Examines complex functional issues, problem solves and drives for global best practices
- Continually communicates and acts as an ambassador for the program
- Drive ideals of consistency, process harmonization, and innovation across functional areas within Development Business Operations shared services
- Work with functional leaders and subject matter experts to drive optimal process performance, accountability, and delivery
- Continuously facilitates the idea of gap analysis to the current processes and practices versus what is documented
- Intellectual curiosity to look at a problem from all sides in order to recognize issues and opportunities and recommend solutions and courses of action to achieve desired outcomes
Influence and Partnership
- Capable of leading and facilitating key departmental teams through various facets of the overall project, including workshops, process mapping exercises, and collaborative document creation
- Participate and/or lead change management activities related to processes within the functional areas
- Demonstrates collaboration and drive for standardization and best practices with internal and external business partners
- Pulls process information and data across functions related to shared services needs to drive a recommended pathway for resolution and/or improvement
- Asks probing questions to uncover process issues, and recommends solutions for mitigation or improvement
- Demonstrated ability to partner with teams and leadership across the department for critical decisions related to projects and tasks, and/or escalate to management for collaborative decision making
- Perform responsibilities with limited supervision and direction
- Examine complex process issues, problem solves and drives for global best practices
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on time management, follow-through, and issue recognition abilities.
- Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical members of senior management
- Communicate clearly and succinctly while aligning to common terminology utilized within the departmental functions
- Provide clear concise verbal or written reports of project progress across the organization
- Align process and documentation terminology to departmental norms and objectives to drive optimal understanding and usage
Capabilities and Requirements
- Working knowledge in executing a business process standards program within pharma/biotech R&D. Direct experience in development operations shared services such as site contracts, clinical pricing, vendor outsourcing, vendor management, clinical finance, clinical payment, clinical operations, biometrics, PVE, or regulatory affairs highly desirable
- Familiarity with drug development cycle and/or regulatory impacts (ICH GCP, GDPR, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle competing priorities where there is ambiguity and multi-tasking
- Track record for excellent task management skills such as planning, prioritization, objective setting, meeting management and plan execution is required
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- 8+ years of experience with a BA in a relevant discipline
- 6+ years of experience with a MS in a relevant discipline
- Familiarity with highly regulated industry environments or drug development
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (including Visio, Project, and/or Smartsheet)
- Excellent communication skills across organizational hierarchy and cross functionally
- Prior business process mapping and documentation experience across a multi-team, multi-hierarchy environment
- Prior experience with continuous improvement programs, and/or organizational change management experience
- Excellent project management, consensus building, and leadership skills
- Excellent comfort level with ambiguity, changing priorities, and direction as governed by the larger organization
- Experience collaborating with virtual or remote teams in a global environment
- 2+ years of direct experience in biotechnology or pharmaceuticals industry business process shared services areas
- Experience with Lean, Six-Sigma, Value Stream Mapping, or other process improvement methodologies
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Analyst---Manager--Business-Process-Improvement--Development-Business-Operations_R0019859
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency