Associate Director, Employee Relations Partner
Associate Director, Employee Relations Partner
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
About the Team
The global Employee Relations Team is a function within the HR Department whose purpose is to foster a fair, safe, and inclusive culture that builds employee trust and enables employees and teams to perform at their best. We do this by fostering a fair, safe, and inclusive culture; serving as a thought leader for change; and building organizational capability by empowering employees, managers and leaders. Our team leverages our experience, expertise, and organizational awareness to act as a credible, trusted advisor and thought partner to HR and business leaders across the organization. We strive to enhance our capabilities and improve our processes and look forward to adding new expertise and experience to our growing team.
About the Role
The Employee Relations Partner will report to the Global Head of Employee Relations. This position will primarily focus on providing ER situational support to a assigned client groups and supporting strategic initiatives across the region. The role will:
- Provide ER support, thought partnership, and guidance to HR colleagues and business leaders
- Serve as a subject matter expert on a broad range of ER issues, including performance management, internal investigations, disciplinary actions and terminations, severance, re-organizations, complex leaves of absence, reasonable accommodations, and HR policies and practices, among others.
- Advise on matters with potential employment or reputational risk related and provide consultation and guidance to HR and business leaders.
- Manage and perform all aspects of internal ER investigations from intake through close-out, in close partnership with Legal where appropriate.
- Respond to and investigate complaints of misconduct, policy violations, and/or potentially unlawful conduct, such as allegations of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and unfair pay practices.
- Advise on and supports business change processes, including acquisitions (integration), restructurings and reorganizations.
- Develop and deliver employee training on HR policies and processes and related topics, such as managing within the law, pay policies and timekeeping practices, managing under performance, etc.
- Lead and support strategic initiatives and special projects, including initiatives to globalize, streamline, and simplify HR policies and processes.
To be successful, the role will require one to:
- Consistently exercise discretion and independent judgment in advising HR and business leaders on how to navigate sensitive ER issues in a fair, compliant, and pragmatic manner.
- Think critically and solve problems by applying principles, policies, and procedures to unique situations.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and navigate unique or ambiguous situations using their best judgment
- Collaborate well with teams across functions, departments, and geographies
- Work collaboratively, lead and influence at all levels within the organization, and make decisions while keeping all partners and leaders informed
- Handle difficult conversations and sensitive employee information
- Demonstrate a solid working knowledge and understanding of relevant US and California employment laws and principles, e.g. Title VII, ADEA, ADA, FMLA, FEHA, FLSA, Labor Code, etc.
- Demonstrate operational and process rigor and familiarity
- Be proficient in related technology and tools/case management, such as Workday, ServiceNow, Office365, OneCloud, and SharePoint.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience with 2 years directly managing complex employee relations issues
- HR certification and/or advanced degree desired
- Previous HR Business Partner, employment law, or management experience a plus
- Experience at a global bio-pharma company within a centralized ER model
- Broad knowledge of HR principles, practices, and procedures in US and California
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and provide strategic advice
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the Company
- Effective customer support skills
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal communication skills are required
- Must possess solid networking and influencing skills
- Ability to manage a high volume of work
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Director--Employee-Relations-Partner_R0019884-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency