The Lausanne University Hospital (CHUV) is a leading Swiss university medical center, recognized in the 2019 and 2021 best 10 hospitals worldwide list of Newsweek magazine. UNIL is a leading international teaching and research institution, with over 5,000 employees and 15,500 students. UNIL and CHUV encourage excellence, individual recognition and responsibility. The Faculty of Biology and Medicine (FBM) and the CHUV are inviting applications for a position of:
Senior physician and Associate Professor
in Clinical Immuno-oncology and T-cell Therapy
within the Oncology Department UNIL-CHUV
The Immuno-oncology (ION) Service at the Department of Oncology is an experimental medicine service dedicated to early phase clinical studies in immuno-oncology and T-cell therapies. The ION service, the Center for experimental therapeutics (CTE) and the Lausanne branch of the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research at UNIL/CHUV are looking for a talented physician specialized in immuno-oncology.
- Supervise the ambulatory activities of the ION Service.
- Support the clinical development of T-cell therapy and other immune-based technologies originating from the Lausanne Ludwig Branch through investigator-initiated clinical studies.
- Manage and develop the portfolio of pharmaceutical clinical studies of the ION Service.
- Participate in the organization and management of the ION Service.
- Participate actively in the management of ION patients.
- Provide supervision, education and mentorship to young oncologists in the ION Department.
- Promote a culture of innovation, education and collaboration.
- Federal diploma in medicine or title recognized by the Federal Commission for Medical Professions (Mebeko), MD-PhD, highly desirable
- Title of ISFM Specialist in Oncology and Internal Medicine, or equivalent titles recognized by the Federal Commission of Medical Professions (Mebeko)
- Several years of clinical professional experience in medical oncology, immune-oncology and internal medicine
- Successful experience in the development of immuno-oncological products, as well as in the management of clinical and translational research for the development of innovative therapies.
- Experience in T-cell therapy development
- Academic knowledge of faculty rank with proven practice in pre and postgraduate teaching
- Ability to set up clinical research programs likely to be supported by expert external funds
- Excellent ability to develop and carry a shared vision to lead a team.
- Strong ability to identify and promote change, develop and lead projects.
- Proficiency in French (level at least B2, C1 ideally) or ability to acquire it quickly
- Excellent knowledge of English
Further information may be obtained from Prof. George Coukos (email@example.com), Head of the oncology Department.
Applications, in English, will include a motivation letter, a curriculum vitae, a copy of the five most relevant publications, as well as names and contact information of three referees, a brief statement of research interests and teaching experience and a copy of diplomas. They should be submitted online by August 29th 2021 (23:59 GMT+1) to wwwfbm.unil.ch/releve/application/ as a single PDF file.
The job description is available on the same link.
We offer a pleasant working atmosphere in a multicultural, diverse and dynamic academic environment. There are possibilities for continuing professional education and a multitude of activities and other benefits to discover.
UNIL and CHUV are committed to promoting gender equality and diversity and strongly encourage applications from female candidates. www.unil.ch/egalite