Integrated Mathematical Oncology Faculty
Moffitt Cancer Center, the top-ranked NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Southeastern United States, is seeking faculty members for tenure track positions at the level of Assistant or Associate professor, to join the Integrated Mathematical Oncology (IMO) department. These positions offer an exciting opportunity to work directly with a diverse team of scientists and clinicians focused on the singular mission of using an integrated team science approach to better understand, predict and treat cancer.
- Candidates will join a highly integrated and translational research community supported with advanced core facilities (including computational) and laboratory space. IMO integrates mathematicians, computer scientists, and physicists together with evolutionary biologists, to work with imaging specialists, epidemiologists as well as clinical and experimental oncologists to develop novel approaches for the treatment and understanding of cancer.
- Candidates will have the opportunity to interact directly with clinicians through our Evolutionary Tumor Board and the Center of Excellence in Evolutionary Therapy.
- The faculty members are expected to lead an independent research program, leveraging Moffitt’s vast data resources to accelerate discoveries across the basic, clinical, quantitative and population sciences at Moffitt Cancer Center.
The Ideal Candidates:
- Experience in developing and implementing mathematical/computational models in collaboration with experimental/clinical colleagues.
- Experience with analyzing/utilizing data across a range of biological scales.
- A passion for team science and a desire to have translational impact.
- Grant funding success/experience.
- Collaborate on a variety of cancer and clinical-related research projects.
- Communicate clearly and openly.
- Build relationships to promote a collaborative environment.
- Maintain a rigorous extramurally funded research program.
Credentials and Qualifications:
Successful candidates must have an MD or Ph.D. in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or related field and relevant research training and experience in mathematical model development, an outstanding track record and top-tier publications in cancer research, mathematical biology, and mathematical/computational oncology.
Academic rank beyond Assistant Member will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Appointment at the Associate Member rank requires a minimum of five years of experience at the Assistant Member level. These positions are tenure-earning. Salary is competitive with similar institutions.
Visit our website and apply to the Integrated-Mathematical-Oncology-Faculty opportunity.
After submitting your formal application, applicants should also submit a letter of application, CV, research statement and contact information of at least 3 references to Karolyn.Paris@moffitt.org.
Questions about the opportunity may be directed to the search committee chair, Dr. Alexander Anderson at Alexander.Anderson@moffitt.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.