Associate Director, US HIV Commercial Finance (Gross to Net)
Associate Director, US HIV Commercial Finance (Gross to Net)
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Associate Director, US HIV Commercial Finance (Gross to Net)This position will provide financial support for the HIV therapeutic area as part of the North America Commercial FP&A team. This role will report to the Sr. Director, Head of US HIV Commercial Finance and will work closely with revenue accounting to lead the monthly and quarterly Gross to Net (GTN) close process and pricing forecast. The Assoc. Director will be responsible for reporting and presenting results to Commercial Finance leadership.This role will be involved with the Quarterly and Annual business reviews and earnings call preparation process which includes providing insights into net price dynamics and various ad-hoc analytics to help Executive Management understand our quarterly performance.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead the monthly and quarterly Gross to Net (GTN) close process, including managing rebate and chargeback accruals and true ups.
- Analyze, explain and meaningfully summarize gross to net forecast vs. actual variances for management reporting.
- Manage the HIV Pricing Model by incorporating the latest utilization trends, government and commercial contract prices
- Lead the 3-year pricing plan for the overall HIV Revenue forecast planning process (LE cycle).
- Partner with Technical Accounting and the Commercial team to analyze and influence complex contract proposals that may have revenue recognition implications.
- Monitor and develop insights from key business drivers on pricing and payer mix.
- Critical to be able to work with limited/incomplete data and to be able to draw conclusions that are compliant and supportable.
- Provide ad-hoc analyses and project support for the Executive leadership team.
- Develop new or enhance existing gross to net reporting and dashboards to meet the needs of Finance and Commercial leadership.
- Manage, train and develop one direct report.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: an inquisitive mind, and the ability to work effectively with multiple functions
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with diverse audiences and be perceived as a leader
- Business Savvy and Financial Acumen: The candidate will possess exceptional financial analytical and problem-solving skills. These skills must be balanced by sound business judgment.
- Results Orientation: The ideal candidate will be results-driven and must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. He/She must have the ability to deliver results and possess a strong drive to meet and exceed goals and is willing to take ownership of problems and make sound decisions. A can-do attitude is an absolute must.
- Change Leadership: The candidate must possess a desire to proactively pursue continuous improvements and guide the team in challenging the status quo to gain efficiencies and raise the quality of deliverables.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- 10+ years of relevant experience, with Hyperion Applications and Oracle ERP.
- BA or BS degree in Business or Accounting. is required..
- Proficient with Microsoft Office product suite. Advanced Microsoft Excel and strong PowerPoint skills is essential.
- Prior experience in biotech or pharma in a commercial finance role is strongly preferred.
- Prior Gross to Net Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry strongly preferred
- In-depth knowledge of US Healthcare systems.
- Strong analytical skills and significant knowledge and understanding of US GAAP is preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills are required.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Director--US-HIV-Commercial-Finance--Gross-to-Net-_R0019847-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency