HR Shared Services / Benefit Operations Team Lead
HR Shared Services / Benefit Operations Team Lead
United Kingdom - Uxbridge
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Benefit Operations Team Lead role will oversee a team of Benefit Operations Associates responsible for executing quality benefit administration in more than 20 countries across Europe. The team lead will be responsible for running an efficient, organised and high performing Benefit Operations team, which delivers a great service to their customers. They will drive and implement process improvements and build effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Provide leadership to direct reports and build a highly capable team to meet the business needs
- Proactively prioritise work effort and deliver key projects, in partnership with HR Business Partners, HR Centres of Excellence and the global HR Shared Services team
- Actively participate in the creation, documentation and management of processes related to benefit administration
- Be accountable for data integrity in systems and ensure appropriate and relevant audit controls are in place
- Support, develop and train members of the team on systems and processes
- Serve as a point of escalation for team members in order to resolve complex issues
- Actively lead or participate in the project management of key projects impacting global HR Shared Services
- Analyse key performance data to recommend and implement continuous process improvements
- Ensure consistency of key HR processes and practices across EMEA, with global consideration
- Consult with key stakeholders and Centres of Excellence to understand business needs, undertake the implementation of key programmes and support the improvement of processes
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of both new and/or changes to policies and programmes
- Develop effective communication and education materials for employees, ensuring the delivery of timely and accurate information to employees
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Demonstrated background working in a pan-European HR Shared Services function that uses service management principles
- Requires working knowledge and understanding of HR legislation/employment law, principles, policies and procedures
- Experience of developing KPIs and SLAs to enhance service delivery
- Proven ability to manage and motivate a team
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required
- Must possess good influencing skills
- Must be able to exercise judgement and independently take appropriate action within defined HR policies and procedures
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance/direction
- Exercise latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment
- Must possess conflict management and resolution skills
- BA or BS degree preferably with an emphasis in HR
- CIPD qualified advantageous
- Knowledge of Workday, ServiceNow and Darwin are preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-Kingdom---Uxbridge/HR-Shared-Services---Benefit-Operations-Team-Lead_R0019826-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency