The position entails working on multiple projects at any given time. Participate in the design, implementation, and evaluation of research studies. Collect data and develop data collection procedures; train and supervise data collection personnel. Design, organize, and implement project database; analyze data. Collaborate on reports and publication of findings.
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, or related Biomedical Sciences with minimum 2 years postdoctoral laboratory experience.
- Strong background in molecular biology, cell biology and biochemistry.
- Experience in cancer cell biology, biological computation/informatics, gene expression, epigenetics, drug development, functional genomics, molecular carcinogenesis, chemoprevention, cancer therapeutics or other areas of cancer research is preferred.
- Prior experience using yeast cells and/or mammalian cell culture and standard molecular biology techniques is preferred.
- A background in chromatin biology, genome stability maintenance, DNA repair, next generation DNA sequencing and bioinformatics is preferred, but not required.
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight from PI.
- Ability to effectively manage research projects.
- Strategic planning, prioritization and goal setting are required.
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation, and ability to excel in highly competitive and rapidly evolving cancer research environment.
- Demonstrated scientific productivity, and strong publication record.
- Ability and interests in preparing and submitting competitive fellowship applications.