Senior Director for Science Strategic Partnerships
The Senior Director for Science Strategic Partnerships will report directly to the Deputy Chief Science Officer and will serve in a key role to develop and execute partnerships that will broaden the impact of science initiatives and instantiate APA as a leader in the science community. Partnerships will include, but are not limited to, other scientific associations, non-profit agencies, foundations, and academic institutions/departments to advance contemporary psychological science practices and applications. A primary goal for this position is to establish APA as a leader in field-wide science initiatives, both within psychology and the broader science community. This person will serve on the science leadership team.
Education and Experience Required:
- Doctoral degree in psychological science or related field.
- A minimum of 15 years of senior management experience in an area related to psychological science.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, including communication to psychological scientists.
- Connect with scientific societies both within and outside of psychology to position APA as a leader in science initiatives
- Communicate with scientific societies in and outside of psychology to assess and engage with opportunities that keep APA at the forefront of science movements.
- Develop resources, opportunities, and collaborations that will allow for work across psychological sub-disciplines and between psychology with related science disciplines and non-scientific industries/sectors to further the role of psychology as an established hub science.
- Develop partnerships with industries (e.g., tech, genetic testing, etc) to offer psychological science as solutions and potential partners
- Create collaborations within and outside psychology to help scientists learn other disciplines, develop team science approaches, etc
- Work collaboratively across directorates within the association to promote and further APA’s strategic priorities.
- Other duties as assigned
The American Psychological Association, located at 750 First St NE, Washington D.C., was named a 2014 recipient of the Washington Post Top Workplace. It is metro accessible from the Red Line.
Qualified candidates must apply online through APA’s applicant system and attach a cover letter and resume specifying your salary requirements. Applications that are submitted without both documents are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed for consideration. Once your application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. Please make sure to check your Spam folder if you do not receive an email from us.
The American Psychological Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected categories covered under local law.