Director - Clinical Data Science
Director - Clinical Data Science
United States - California - Foster CityUnited States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Director, Clinical Data Science: Real World Data Team
- Experienced in building top performing data engineer team(s) and the ability to link analytical needs to business impact.
- Has in-depth knowledge of Good Clinical Practices and the ability to implement a high level of compliance to data procedures.
- Manages a group, which requires setting of direction for that group's expertise.
- Acts as a consultant to the Business stakeholders in his/her area. Liaises with Business Development.
- Assigns objectives for team.
- Assesses and analyzes business requirements and recommends solution and plan.
- Supports a regulated function of the department, understands and performs validation efforts in accordance with legal requirements.
- Liaises with Business Development to schedule changes and updates for data engineering applications.
- Manages specific projects under direction from Senior Management.
- Contributes to the development of data engineering strategy. Acts as technical spokesperson on area of expertise.
- Conducts professional appraisals for team members and effectively manages performance.
- Will be given the autonomy and freedom to use his/her skills to run their own group, and to contribute to the wider business group.
- Self-starter that is excited about building new processes and developing people towards their goals in support of Gilead mission and vision.
- Implements strategic initiatives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are required.
- Has the ability to resolve conflicts.
- Can create buy-in and support and has the ability to negotiate timelines.
- Successfully interacts within Clinical Data Science, with cross functional stakeholders on a frequent basis.
- Viewed as a key resource by more senior individuals on initiatives and may represent the Company on contracts.
- Inform functional management about RWE tool development process, progress and resourcing as required for the project or initiative.
- Recommends and provides trainings.
- Serves as project leader.
- Participates in cross-functional meetings as a representative of RWx.
Real World Evidence and Technology Skills:
- Demonstrated experience owning enterprise-class applications and delivering highly available distributed, fault tolerant, globally accessible services at scale.
- Possesses a deep understanding of data science methodologies and concepts.
- Demonstrates a high degree of originality and creativity when developing solutions to improve existing business processes within the organization by utilizing methods such as data preparation, data cleansing and data integration.
- Experience building data driven applications.
- Possesses a familiarity with data models such as HL7/FHIR and OMOP CDM, SDTM and ADaM.
- Enable data pipes for enterprise data warehouse and model the data.
- Provide technical/programming expertise to support RWD studies.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of data engineering across the enterprise by researching industry best practices for analytics.
- Has an understanding of clinical trials design and reporting process, as well as regulatory reporting requirements.
- Established or willing to be the point of contact and expert for Gilead in organizations such as OHDSI, EHDEN and PhUSE as it relates to RWE.
- Advanced skills in troubleshooting and tuning AWS Lambda functions developed with Python.
- Experience with event-driven architecture design patterns and practices
- Experience in database design and architecture principles and strong SQL abilities
- Understanding of Data warehousing/Data Modeling/Data Lake with Redshift and Athena.
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, ECS, Glue and PySpark.
Typical Education and Training:
- 12+ years of experience and a BS degree in Biostatistics/Computer Science or equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience and a MS degree in Biostatistics/Computer Science or equivalent.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Director---Clinical-Data-Science_R0019616
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency