MSL Oncology Paris & Grand Est H/F
MSL Oncology Paris & Grand Est H/F
France - Paris
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. The company strives to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries world-wide, with headquarters in Foster City, California, USA.
Gilead has declared Hematology-Oncology as one of the key therapeutic areas for future growth. Our current focus is in relation to triple negative breast cancer (TNBC) but we are also considering expansion into multiple solid tumours and growing our pipeline in immuno-oncology through internal research, partnerships and acquisitions. We are currently in the process of building a medical team across France and are looking for a Medical Scientist/ Medical Scientific Liaison (MSL) to join our new Oncology Team.
In this position you will report to the Oncology MSL Lead.
Area of the position:
Paris - Reims/Nancy - Alsace/Metz - Bourgogne
This is a field-based Medical Scientist (MSL) position, with local responsibilities. This person will be responsible for North region. Working as part of an experienced team in head office, a Team Leader and other MSLs, your focus will be on scientific exchange with specialist hospital staff working in the field of breast cancer initially, and as more data emerge further indications in other solid tumours.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- The MSL works with external experts to deliver disease focused and accurate medical education.
- Establishes strong relationships with opinion leaders, clinical investigators and providers in academic and non-academic settings.
- Identifies and engages regional and national experts through personal contacts and on-site visits, to exchange relevant information and insights with thought leaders and healthcare decision makers within a region
- Assists investigators with submission to Gilead of investigator sponsored trials and grant requests in oncology.
- Anticipates obstacles and difficulties that may arise in the field and resolves them in a collaborative manner.
- The MSL works collaboratively with Gilead personnel in Sales, Regional Market Access, Marketing, Clinical Research, Global Safety and Medical Infomed.
- Be accountable to the regional team to shape and execute local medical strategies within planned timelines and compliance frame
- Be the reference for expertise on therapeutic Area both within and outside Gilead at a regional level
- Utilises scientific resources to deliver impactful presentations in a variety of different settings.
- Engage in continuous self learning within the therapeutic area
- The MSL involves extensive travel including appointments and meetings across his/her territory, as well as national and international conferences and meetings in the affiliate office on a regular basis.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- The candidate must have a strong scientific background with a medical or pharmacy degree, or a higher scientific (e.g. MSc or PhD) degree.
- Ability to learn other disease or product areas as business needs and product life cycles change
- Good knowledge of the health systemenvironment and management of solid tumours (ideally breast cancer) is required.
- Previous Medical Scientific Liaison experience is ideal, but a candidate with a good working knowledge of clinical aspects of solid tumour oncology would be considered.
- The individual must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills and team spirit, ability to work in a cross functional environment
- Proactivity, autonomy and personal initiative are key attributes as is a willingness to take ownership of and deliver specific projects when asked.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Gilead Core Values
INTEGRITY - Doing What's Right
INCLUSION - Encouraging Diversity
TEAMWORK - Working Together
EXCELLENCE - Being Your Best
ACCOUNTABILITY - Taking Personal Responsibility
For jobs in France:
Conformement la Loi Informatique et Libertes (06/01/78), nous vous informons du fait que les donnees personnelles renseignees pourront faire l'objet d'un traitement informatique par Gilead et pourront tre transmises aux Organismes Sociaux. Par ailleurs, vous disposez d'un droit d'accs, de rectification et de suppression des donnees vous concernant. Vous pouvez exercer ce droit en contactant: FranceDataPrivacy@gilead.com
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/France---Paris/MSL-Oncology-Paris---Grand-Est-H-F_R0019755
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency