Head of the Molecular Therapeutics Initiative
As the head of the Molecular Therapeutics Initiative (MTI) at the Tow Center for Developmental Oncology (TCDO) at MSKCC, you will oversee the experimental science focused on new therapies for childhood cancers. The MTI Head will lead collaborative experimental research, maintenance of shared instrumentation, and initiation of original research in translational oncology, preclinical testing, and correlative clinical science. This is a faculty-level, non-tenure track position of considerable responsibility.
The mission of the Molecular Therapeutics Initiative is predicated on the notion that improved models of childhood cancers, combined with mechanism-based translational science, can enable the development of improved therapies for patients. MTI will provide laboratory support for the identification, development, and initiation of clinical trials of new small molecule and biologic therapies, emanating from TCDO and MSK discoveries. Studies will include preclinical repurposing of approved pharmacologic agents for oncologic indications in children, preclinical investigation of emerging oncologic agents for pediatric indications, support for IND enabling studies for FDA approval of MSK developed agents, including small molecules, designer biologics, and gene and cell therapies, and development of diagnostic and pharmacodynamics assays for investigational targeted therapies and early phase clinical trial correlative studies to enable precision pediatric oncology. The MTI Head will also oversee the development of new preclinical models, including xenograft, explant and stem cell models, and collaborative research projects.
Our Website: https://www.mskcc.org/research-programs/developmental-oncology
• An expert in cancer biology, including molecular and cell biology, functional genomics, mouse models, and data science
• A strong problem-solver who gains satisfaction from advancing biomedical research in a dynamic and fast-paced academic environment
• A creative thinker and strategic planner who engages in thinking outside the box
• Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet goals and commitments
• Someone who is willing to substantially contribute to the academic activities of MSK and help define its intellectual direction for the future
• A highly motivated person who is interested in the academic success of others and program building
• Work with the TCDO Director and Members to implement new research activities of MTI. This includes the design and execution of molecular, genetic, and therapeutic studies, development of cellular and animal preclinical cancer models, and implementation of new experimental techniques and correlative biomarkers.
• Oversee and hire technical personnel, maintain instruments, and develop original collaborative research projects. The Head will partner with existing capabilities including the SKI Experimental Therapeutics Center, MH Early Drug Development Service, Program for Drug Development in Leukemia, and MSK Kids Pediatric Translational Medicine Program.
• PhD degree in cancer biology or related discipline is required, with a documented record of expertise and excellence in translational science
• Experience in oncology or medicine is preferred
To apply, please send two-page letter of interest explaining your past research, current interests, and how your past work has prepared you to succeed and enable the TCDO mission, along with your current CV to email@example.com
Apply for Head of the Molecular Therapeutics Initiative
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly