Faculty and research staff positions available in School of Biomedical Engineering
Faculty and research staff positions available in School of Biomedical Engineering, Sun Yat-sen University
I. About the School
As one of the newly launched engineering schools in the Sun Yat-sen University (SYSU) Shenzhen Campus, the School of Biomedical Engineering was founded based on the existing biomedical engineering (BME) program at SYSU in 2017. The BME program in SYSU could be traced back to the Department of Biomedical Engineering established in 1982 at the former Zhongshan School of Medicine, which was later merged with SYSU in 2001.
After nearly 40-year development, the BME program at SYSU has been awarded the National First Class Bachelor’s Program and Guangdong Provinvial Key Discipline. The school is now qualified in offering engineering degree at Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral levels as well as hosting postdoctoral fellows.
The school is proud of its talented young faculty and staff members, 15 of whom are supported by national, provincial, municipal-level talent supporting incentives. The school has several important provincial and municipal-level platforms working on cutting-edge technologies, including the Guangdong Key Laboratory of Sensor Technology and Biomedical Instruments and the Guangdong Provincial Engineering and Technology Center of Advanced and Portable Medical Devices. The school is committed to training new and high quality engineering talents who conduct scientific research and key technology development in biomedical materials, biomedical sensing technology, and high-end medical equipment/device to serve the national strategy and meet the technical needs of local industries.
Our school would like to offer favorable start-up package and new opportunities to outstanding talents and young scholars in biomedical engineering both at home and abroad. Welcome to join us!
II. Disciplines required
Biomedical Engineering, Biology, Medicine, Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, Additive Manufacturing, Electrical Engineering, Sensing Technology, Physics, Computer Science and Engineering, Information Science, Automation, Laboratory Medicine, Pharmacy, etc.
III. Job Openings and Description
1. Talents of the Hundred-Talent Program (Faculty)
(1) Leading Talents: Applicants with research and/or development experience in biomedical engineering or related fields; have achieved notable results with significant innovation and international impact; hold significant domestic or international influence in academia.
(2) Eminent Talents: Applicants with particularly excellent potential in scientific research and technological innovation, have extensive experience in biomedical research/innovation; have gained professional achievements and outcomes in scientific research and well-recognized at home or abroad.
(3) Core Academic Talents: Applicants with innovative mindset, strong ability in innovation, outstanding potential in research and teaching, and good record of high-performing innovative success
(4) Excellent Talents: Applicants with strong background in biomedical engineering; have innovative mindset and good development potential; within three years after receiving PhD degree.
2. Full-time Researchers
(1) Distinguished Researcher: Applicants should have postdoctoral experience, and currently hold Lecturer or Assistant Professor position at an institute or university/college; applicants are also required to has no less than three pieces of representative publication/patent, including accepted work/manuscript; experience in leading or participating in a research project at national or provincial level is preferred.
(2) Distinguished Research Associate: Applicants should have been well-trained in an institute or university/college and have great academic potential; have published no less than two pieces of representative publication/patent; for those who have made particularly significant achievements, the number of required works/publications may be reduced to one.
(3) Postdoctoral Researcher: It should be within three years after receiving PhD degree for applicants from well-known domestic or international institute; well-trained and with adequate research abilities.
Contact Person: Mr. Xiaojun Ye, or Ms. Hua Zhong
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Tel: +86-755-23260141, +86-20-83216420
Apply for Faculty and research staff positions available in School of Biomedical Engineering
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly