VP, Global Lead Medical Affairs- Liver Disease & COVID-19
VP, Global Lead Medical Affairs- Liver Disease & COVID-19
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Reporting to the Head of Global Medical Affairs Therapeutic Areas and located in our Foster City, CA headquarters, this Vice President, Global Liver Disease and COVID-19 Medical Affairs Lead is a key leadership position within Gilead.
An integral part of the Global Liver Disease and COVID-19 Medical Affairs strategy will be overseeing and maintaining the tenor of Gilead's scientific communications with the community of health care professionals that provide treatment for HBV, HCV, Hepatitis Delta, and COVID-19.
Specific responsibilities include leading a global team of highly motivated and engaged professional employees focused on Liver Disease and COVID-19 treatment and collaborating with colleagues throughout the Gilead organization as well as with the external treatment and clinical research investigator community.
- Develop, innovate and execute the long-term strategy of the Liver Disease and COVID-19 Global Medical Affairs Plans based on a landscape assessment of unmet needs, with cross-functional inputs from colleagues from affiliates and Medical Scientists, Government and Public Affairs, Healthcare Policy, Clinical Research and Development, Medical Education, Strategic Planning & Operations, Health Economics and Global Commercial Product Strategy and Commercial functions, including cross functional 5 year Life Cycle Management Plans, 3 year Indication Strategic Plans, yearly Medical Affairs Plans of Action, Integrated Evidence Plan, Publication Planning, and the Product Strategy Team.
- Developing and implementation in our therapeutic areas and products on a global basis, including working with partners across Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Managed Care and Government Accounts.
- Provide inspirational leadership to the Global MA teams by creating an environment of mutual respect and shared goals, clear responsibilities, talent development/engagement/retention plans, and continuous improvement, growth mindset; exhibit Gilead's core values: integrity, teamwork, accountability, excellence, & inclusion in accordance with the highest ethical and compliance standards, including Gilead's Code of Ethics and Business Conduct policies, and applicable legal and regulatory requirements
- Lead the execution and planning of Liver Disease and COVID-19 Investigator-Sponsored Research (ISR) program in collaboration with Medical Affairs Observation Research (MAOR) team
- Collaborate with Medical Information to assure maintenance and creation of high-quality professional communications for healthcare professionals in response to unsolicited requests for product information
- Assess medical education needs in the global healthcare environment regarding Liver Disease and COVID-19 treatment and collaborate with the Independent Medical Education (IMED) department to assure that appropriate programs are reviewed and supported
- Work with Liver Disease and COVID-19 Medical Affairs colleagues worldwide to pull through scientific and healthcare policy communications and publications from ISR projects
- Serve as Liver Disease and COVID-19 Medical Affairs lead for the review process of promotional material via the Global Promotional Review Committee (PRC)
- MD, DO, PhD (biological or pharmaceutical sciences), PharmD, NP, or PA with extensive experience in Liver Disease and understanding of COVID-19
- Minimum of 15 years experience in Medical Affairs and/or Clinical Research including Phase IIIb and IV studies; clinical trials management, medical monitoring and scientific expertise
- Subject matter expertise regarding HBV, HCV and Hepatitis Delta, NASH, PST, and COVID-19 treatment
- Directly and indirectly lead a diverse team of subject-matter experts, people managers, and early-in-career professionals
- Establish credible knowledge base regarding Liver disease and COVID-19 and develop strategies to address unmet medical needs within the patient populations affected
- Prepare presentation materials and present scientific data at internal and external Advisory Boards
- Serve as an information resource to Gilead colleagues, including the Medical Scientists, for medical educational activities, grants and investigator-sponsored/collaborative studies
- Provide medical and scientific leadership at key scientific meetings involving Liver Disease and COVID-19
- Serve on Independent Medical Education (IMED) Committee to review and give medical perspective on IMED proposals
- Maintain regular contact with community advocates, government and policy officials and KOLs to identify data gaps, track study progress and communication deliverables
- Ability to assess, understand and communicate continuously expanding medical and scientific information, as well as market knowledge
- Anticipates future industry trends and opportunities, and proactively develop plans to address through Liver Disease and COVID-19 strategy
- Advanced analytical skills, with a demonstrated ability to identify and understand complex issues and problems and identify key findings from study data and publications
- Experience in developing effective abstracts, manuscripts, posters and slides and presenting at scientific meetings
- Ability to suggest solutions for issues encountered with clinical studies and other projects in area of responsibility
Essential Success Factors:
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal, relationship-building, influencing and negotiating communication skills
- Proven professional track record of strategic and organizational skills to support project planning across multiple activities, with ability to anticipate and prioritize workload on multiple ongoing projects
- Resource prioritization and management
- Ability to work across diverse, global teams in a matrix organizational structure, both in leading and as part of a cross functional team
- Organized; attention to detail and able to meet timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Must be fully cognizant and adhere to regulatory and legal (Business Conduct) requirements for implementation science and other Medical Affairs activities
- Able to work with a level of autonomy and independence
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Apply online today at www.gilead.com/careers
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/VP--Global-Lead-Medical-Affairs--Liver-Disease---COVID-19_R0019380-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency