Senior Director, GV&A Center of Excellence Real World Evidence (RWE)
Senior Director, GV&A Center of Excellence Real World Evidence (RWE)
United States - California - Foster CityUnited Kingdom - UxbridgeIreland - Cork
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Senior Director, GV&A Center of Excellence - Real World Evidence (RWE)
Leveraging advanced epidemiology/outcomes research/health services research skills, the Sr. Director, GV&A RWE serves as a technical resource for the GV&A team, driving scientific rigor in analysis of real world data sources to inform the value proposition for Gilead products, across the portfolio. This cross functional role requires excellent communication and collaboration skills to align strategies within GV&A and across Gilead including Global Medical Affairs, Clinical Data Sciences, and Global Government Affairs. We are seeking a proven leader who can influence through expertise, keen strategic acumen and excellent communication to support brand level HEOR leads' RWE strategies. The Sr. Director GV&A RWE will also be responsible for prioritization and analysis of RWD by a small team of data scientists
Reporting to the Executive Director, Head of GV&A COE, you will:
- Develop and implement industry-leading RWE methods, processes and practices at Gilead
- Provide guidance in integrated evidence planning process, including assessment of RWE requirements and gaps. Support cross-functional teams in developing V&A RWE strategy and tactical plans across indications
- Identify opportunities for innovative research initiatives and applications across TA's
- Identify data sources to address critical research questions across the portfolio
- Provide thought partnership on study concept development and execution of incidence/prevalence, burden of illness, natural history of disease and effectiveness assessment
- Monitor and evaluate RWE trends, emerging methods and applications, evolving Gilead RWE practices and methods, and drive adoption
- Partner with Medical Affairs, Digital and RWE in Data Sciences to assess real world data assets, establish real world data plans including licenses and platforms and develop data cohort definitions for use across Gilead
- Maintain a network of external relationships with key opinion leaders and RWE researchers to enable excellence in GV&A activities
- Conduct research that enhances/progresses RWE methods and establishes Gilead as a leader in use of RWE to demonstrate the value of innovative treatments (e.g. NLP)
- Oversee and track data scientists' analysis of internal RWD conducts in collaboration with therapeutic area HEOR leads
- Training HEOR staff on forward-looking methodologies for the analysis of RWD
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
We're seeking a strategic, influential leader with:
- At least 12 years of relevant experience in pharma, academia, or heath care provider/payer/HTA industries and a Master's Degree required
- Ph.D. or advanced degree in health economics, epidemiology, health services research or related field preferred
- Deep understanding of epidemiology, outcomes research and policy research and the application to generate value evidence from retrospective and prospective studies
- Deep expertise in real world data and experience in observational research study design, execution and communication
- Active external network in area of RWE generation preferred
- Formal training in Epidemiology/Health Services Research/HEOR required
- Ability to work effectively in a constantly changing, diverse, and matrix environment
- Demonstrated oversight of data scientist/programmers analyses of RWD
- Advanced knowledge of US and ex-US RWD sources
- Advanced knowledge of RWE methods (e.g. NLP)
- Solution oriented mind-set
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it's just what we do that gives us an edge, it's how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
- Integrity - Doing What's Right
- Inclusion - Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork - Working Together
- Accountability - Taking Personal Responsibility
- Excellence - Being Your Best
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Director--GV-A-Center-of-Excellence---Real-World-Evidence--RWE-_R0019415-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency