Manager, Learning & Development
Manager, Learning & Development
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
This position is within the Global Financial Solutions (GFS) Organization and will play a key role in defining and delivering Learning and Development, Change Management. Project Management, and Continuous Improvement capabilities for the organization. Reporting to the Director, PMO (Program Management Office (PMO) and with responsibility for the training and change management strategy this is a key role in driving real and sustained transformation. This role will manage the development, coordination and presentation of training and change management strategies and programs across a range of financial processes within the Controllership and broader organization. Scope includes process areas such as; Order-to-Cash, Procure-to-Pay, Record-to-Report and Payroll and for internal finance functions such as Controllership.
The learning and development manager works closely with other members of the PMO, business managers, various leaders across the organization, L&D specialists from other L&D departments, and HR, to ensure that:
- They have a strong understanding of what the organization's objectives are and that they create training programs that are aligned with these objectives.
- They have a full understanding of the various business units and their specific training and change management and requirements and will develop and deliver capabilities and training in support of requirements.
The L&D Manager will need to create a change management strategy and plan which will include identifying and arranging suitable training solutions for employees, and design and execute effective training methods, content, and delivery to enhance adoption and performance across the finance processes and functions.
Effectively managing the perceptions and expectations of business leaders and senior management is critical to the success of this role. The successful candidate will be expected to be highly self-motivated and innovative, with proven experience in successfully leading and supporting a best in class L&D and Change Management Strategies.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Developing and implementing learning strategies and programs that are aligned with the organization's objectives. Work together with the various business leaders in order to understand the different departments and, more specifically, their training requirements. With a clear understanding of the company's objectives and the training requirements of the various departments, the L&D manager will develop a learning strategy and program. During this phase, they will still regularly be in touch with the different stakeholders to make sure the programs align with expectations as much as possible.
- Embracing and implementing various types of training. Each person learns differently. Some prefer learning by themselves and online while others rather study the old-fashioned' way; in a classroom with an expert teaching them about a specific topic. And then there are those who prefer a combination of both online and offline learning. As L&D manager, you will embrace all types of training and that you implement different styles of training in your L&D program.
- Producing training materials. The L&D manager's job consists of producing the actual training materials, including online learning and the design and delivery of e-learning courses, but a variety of other training styles too (e.g., workshops). Modify existing training programs as needed
- Negotiating contracts with external training providers; in order to get the best possible deal.
- Managing the interface between projects and operations in liaison with the Project Manager and Business Lead to secure the delivery of project outcomes and realization of benefits with effective change management adoption, training and change management strategies. Regularly meeting both sides to discuss relevant programs and projects and the impact on operational areas and provide solutions which enable operations and the business to meet the program aims and operational managers to maintain operational stability during the transition process.
- Stakeholder Management. Communicating with all relevant stakeholders to keep them up to date with progress, issues and developments in change programs, providing appropriate briefing to enable them to make informed decisions about the approach and direction of programs. Communicating with staff affected by change to maintain morale and support for change.
- Managing benefits. Support Business Lead and Project Manager with benefits realization. Support the definition of benefits and development of a Benefits Management Strategy. Writing, refining, updating programme benefits profiles and undertaking regular reviews with Program Managers to assess the benefits and disadvantages arising in the course of programs. Managing benefits release through scheduling outputs from the program into the business. Create and manage measurement systems to track adoption, utilization of training, user proficiency and effective outcomes from training programs.
- Managing the transition of change in the business. Working with operational managers to embed changes within the business. Identifying what changes in processes, procedures and practices are needed to achieve change and deliver the planned benefits. Work with management and stakeholders to identify potential problems areas and ensuring that managers have the necessary information to communicate changes and their impact to staff. Meet relevant management teams and user groups to discuss change issues and encourage and motivate them to embrace the change and realize the benefits.
- Management of change team for the program. Leadership of change management activity across the impacted stakeholder groups and into business operations.
- Work with Reporting and Analytics team to identify Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) affected by change. Identifying the impact on KPIs of change and what this will mean for BAU.
- Provide support to PMO project managers as needed, serving as a back-up, recording meeting minutes, publishing project status reports, etc.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Aspire to deliver an exceptional customer experience and process excellence
- Business partnership, build relationships and trust, share ideas and work collaboratively
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, deliver, monitor, evaluate, and improve)
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Excellent communications skills: written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to operate successfully across diverse geographical locations and cultures
- High level of self-motivation, leadership, positive attitude, drive for achievement and a strong work ethic
- Ability to create momentum and foster organizational change
- Proven experience managing, coaching, leading and developing colleagues
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an inquisitive mind, and the ability to translate insight into action and to work effectively with multiple, cross-functional stakeholders
- Other duties and special projects, as assigned
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation, and modern training methods and techniques
- Adequate knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools
- Adequate knowledge of website design via MS SharePoint
- MS Office proficiency - intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft Power Platform (Power Query, Power Automate, Power Apps) would be advantageous
- Experience with continuous process improvement methodologies. Lean Six-Sigma Green or Black Belt accreditation an advantage Advanced proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, Word, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Project Management experience
- High School Diploma, and 8 years of Learning and Development and Change Management experience, OR Bachelor's Degree in Education, Business Administration, or organizational development or at least five years of experience in leading multiple training events in a corporate setting
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working in a multinational or global Finance organization
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of Learning and Development and Organization Change Management best practices
- Knowledge of S/4 HANA - leveraging FIORI, CDS and Enterprise HANA to drive process improvement
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Manager--Learning---Development_R0019691-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency