Executive Director, Marketing
Executive Director, Marketing
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis, and cancer. Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
Gilead offers the following exciting opportunity based in Gilead headquarters, Foster City, CA.
The successful Executive Director, Marketing will be a dynamic, experienced individual with a strong track record of commercial success in the pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industry. He/she must have the proven ability to provide strategic brand/franchise management, team leadership, vision, and direction within a fast-moving, challenging, and dynamic commercial environment.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Coach & Guide the development and implementation of tactical and strategic brand marketing plans across the franchise
- Focus on achieving brand/franchise revenue targets
- Establish the long-term vision for US HCV Marketing Franchise
- Collaborate with sales leaders to ensure a coordinated approach
- Lead cross-functionally with Legal, Medical, Clinical, Regulatory, and Public Affairs leadership
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with thought leaders, key customers, and professional organizations
- Work in close conjunction with North America Marketing operations to establish appropriate procedures, systems, metrics, and infrastructures
- Develop, coach, and manage staff
- Manage risk and P&L
- Representing US HCV Marketing Franchise position on Promotional Review Committee
Bachelor's Degree and Sixteen Years' Experience
Masters' Degree and Fourteen Years' Experience
Ph.D. and Fourteen Years' Experience
- 15+ years pharmaceutical industry experience, including expertise in marketing strategy and tactics and commercial policies and practices
- Knowledge and experience in HCV franchise-specific specialty markets
- Proven record of leading product launch and brand/franchise growth
- Experience with pharmaceutical regulatory requirements (DDMAC) and impact on the development of marketing materials
- Advanced interpersonal skills with the ability to lead, interact with, focus, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines
- Strategic capabilities with the ability to conceive, develop and implement multi-dimensional marketing and business plans
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities
- Formidable communication skills with experience presenting before executive staff
- Track record of successful budget management with an understanding of revenue forecasting and expense budget planning and tracking
- Experience managing cross-functional teams or workgroups as well as direct reports
- Sales/market research experience is preferable, though not required
- MBA or advanced scientific degree desired
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Executive-Director--Marketing_R0019698-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency