Sr Research Scientist I/II
Sr Research Scientist I/II
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Clinical Virology group at Gilead Sciences is seeking a highly motivated and collaborative PhD scientist to support our growing effort on the development of therapeutics for respiratory and emerging viral infections, including COVID-19. This is a unique opportunity to interact with top scientists worldwide on diverse viral pathogens that present threats to global public health. The successful candidate is expected to play a leading role in internal as well as collaborative efforts to support preclinical and clinical evaluations of novel, life-saving therapeutics.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Work in a project-team based structure to lead and execute virology and translational studies to evaluate new therapeutic agents and concepts to treat emerging and respiratory viral infections.
- Design, execute and oversee studies with internal teams as well as academic, government, and industry collaborators and vendors to support hypothesis-based research.
- Support clinical studies through virology assay development and implementation, data analysis, and writing key regulatory documents and publications.
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams, including leading essential parts of drug development projects.
- Communicate high impact and clear presentations on data and interpretations to project teams, R&D management, and scientific community.
- Maintain knowledge of scientific advances in relevant fields and competitive activity from literature, scientific meetings and external contacts.
- Effective team player who thrives in a high pace environment where excellence, accountability and innovation are critical for success.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- PhD or equivalent degree in virology, immunology or relevant scientific discipline
- Minimum of 4 years of post-doctoral experience with proven successful research in industrial or academic settings.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to translate ideas and data into concise written and/or verbal communications for publications, conference presentations, pharmacology and clinical study reports, and regulatory filings (IND and NDA).
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and coordinate external scientific partnerships on complex projects.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and excellence in effectively managing multiple projects/priorities with high-capacity for learning quickly.
- Experience in virology and molecular biology as well as knowledge of animal models.
- The ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional and team-based environment.
- Strong motivation, independence, and ability to integrate into and work within a high-paced multidisciplinary environment with minimal supervision.
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually, and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Research-Scientist-I-II_R0019665-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency