Associate Director, Product Management
Associate Director, Product Management
Canada - Ontario - Mississauga
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, invasive fungal disease, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
The Associate Director, Product Management will report to the Senior Business Unit Director, Oncology. The role is responsible for the launch strategy and plan implementation for a novel oncology product, across multiple tumor types and treatment settings. This role is office-based in Mississauga and may require national travel (including internal meetings and external conferences) once travel restrictions are eased.
- Develops and implements marketing Plan of Action (POA) by working local and global cross-functional partners (medical, sales, market research, public affairs, market access and finance)
- Works closely with Sales Leadership to ensure effective communication and implementation of marketing strategy and solicits and uses feedback to optimize marketing channels and communication messages.
- Sets brand planning assumptions and works closely with Commercial Operations to forecasts revenue and develop KPI's
- Leads the brand planning process for the Oncology Business Unit
- Manages a brand budget with a focus on monthly accuracy to ensure timely investment to reach agreed upon profitability targets.
- Leads or liaises with cross-functional partners to ensure on-going insight generation
- Ensures that all marketing activities adhere to compliance SOPs and regulatory / legal requirements.
- Manage the marketing budget (OPEX) and project timelines.
- Drive excellence in commercial efforts, including business planning/forecasting.
- Utilize high level of business acumen in analyzing and coordinating activities from identified industry trends, competitor's resources and practices.
- Ensure performance tracking/monitoring, including any required action planning
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- 2+ years of experience in product management in the Canadian marketplace (preference to oncology experience)
- Demonstrated experience in leading a cross-functional team in the development and implementation of a brand plan of action
- Knowledge and experience in pharmaceutical product life cycle management in Oncology is preferred
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, focus, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures, and disciplines.
- Ability to lead, interact with, focus, resolve conflict and drive consensus among multiple cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities.
- In-depth ability to work with external agencies, including advertising, public relations and medical education vendors to develop programs and materials is required.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and utilize a high level of product and therapeutic disease knowledge to promote the appropriate use of treatments to opinion leaders.
- Ensure compliance in the performance of all the responsibilities mentioned above with all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and company policies governing interactions with healthcare professionals and other stakeholders
- Therapeutic Area knowledge, Oncology, Hematology or Rare disease. Hospital/Institutional marketing experience are a plus
- Integrity - Doing What's Right
- Inclusion - Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork - Working Together
- Excellence - Being Your Best
- Accountability - Taking Personal Responsibility
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Canada---Ontario---Mississauga/Associate-Director--Product-Management_R0019624-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency