Head Market Access Brazil
Head Market Access Brazil
Brazil - Sao Paulo
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. We strive to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world. Gilead's portfolio of products and pipeline of investigational drugs includes treatments for HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer, inflammatory and respiratory diseases.
The successful candidate will report to GM, play critical role in consolidating and providing Market Access relevant insights, expertise and contents to the development of the cross-functional go-to-market plan for products in close collaboration with core business functions (Medical, Marketing, Finance, Commercial teams and other relevant functions).
Working in close collaboration with the global HEOR and Value & Access teams to develop the market access strategy, value proposition and plans for key stakeholder groups (private and public) involved in the reimbursement process nationally and provincially.
The Head of Market Access will build the access strategy for Gilead products and be responsible for reimbursement submission/approval. You will identify patient access opportunities and/or issues/barriers and develop access solutions to address them and create access for patients for Gilead innovations. Furthermore, you will develop integrated market access and payer strategies and solutions to deliver the product value to payers to create the patient access opportunities.
You will perform Diagnostics-economic analysis and health outcome analysis and will also prepare for reimbursement submission - dossier preparation, data gap analysis and identify the solution for minimizing the gap, build product value proposition for payer- and closely monitor all steps during the approval process.
You will also lead the development of the payer value propositions for our products and perform gap analyses in order to direct the development of value stories, health economic models and Market Access toolkits in co-creation with the Marketing team, Regional Market Access representatives and other relevant functions.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Ensure payer relevant evidence is generated through clinical trials, HE (Health Economics) modelling, RWE (Real World Evidence) studies, systematic literature research and meta-analysis effectively substantiating the full value potential.
- To lead and coordinate market access projects for products in collaboration with internal and external partners, to coordinate and oversee projects dedicated to market access for all Gilead products
- Executes and tracks all program development, and pre-launch tactical initiatives for a therapeutic area to support patient reimbursement, distribution and access.
- Market access stakeholder mapping and management.
- Engagement with key stakeholders to remove access barrier and deliver value-based discussion for Gilead products (Ministry of Health, Social Security Institution, Key Opinion Leaders)
- Participate in Market Access initiatives/projects within region/global to represent the local organization and contribution.
- Develops and executes market access strategies and evidence generation plans to meet HTA requirements aligned with country objectives
- Works cross functionally with global and local medical and commercial functions to develop value propositions and messages tailored to multiple stakeholders including payers, clinicians, pharmacists and policy makers.
- Project lead (including day to day management) for national HTA submissions, and pricing strategies working closely with regional stakeholder managers to ensure optimal patient access to new and existing Gilead products
- Contributes to the development and evaluation of innovative pricing strategies (including submissions)
- Develops and deploys market access solutions and tools to field teams (including training) facilitating service provision optimization and capacity for Gilead products
- Fosters key relationships with payers and HTA bodies, developing innovative solutions which are win-wins for patients, the broader healthcare system and Gilead
- Anticipates and shapes future dynamics in the external environment impacting market access and reimbursement, working closely with global teams to convey requirements for program development to satisfy HTA needs
- Ensure full compliance within his/her responsibility area according to Gilead and local compliance guidelines
- Coach and develop people
- Implements strategic initiatives with guidance from Senior Leaders, including commercial plans, brand POA and competitive assessments.
- Contributes to brand-specific strategic initiatives and market access programs in collaboration with product marketing teams and cross-functional representatives to achieve brand business goals.
- Responsible for managing vendors and budget for all product-specific Market Access tactics.
- Contributes to monthly and quarterly commercial or commercial pricing calculation and reviews the accuracy and consistency of analysis provided by Sales Analytics.
- Ensures thorough review of Market Access materials prior to distribution outside of Managed Markets.
- Ensures roadmap of processes for managing marketing events are implemented and updated to adapt to changing stakeholder expectations.
- Analyzes multiple problems and situations, provides logical recommendations and leads any required action planning.
- Represents Gilead at professional events and promotes company products at such events.
- Helps to identify policy, process and system improvements for issue/problem resolution and provides project management and direction to implement solutions.
- Ensures that all market access activities follow regulatory and legal requirements.
Skills and experience:
- Extensive Market Access related experience in biotech or pharmaceutical.
- Undergraduate degree is required, MBA and/or post graduate preferred or advanced life science degree (MD, Pharm D, PhD)
- Ability to multi-task.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Brazilian Healthcare systems, HTA processes and key decision makers such as Public and Private Payers.
- Ability to combine strategic vision with tactical hand-on execution and a high work capacity
- Able to influence senior management and external vendors.
- Ability to recognize and interpret business issues/opportunities, resolve short-term issues and recommend long-term solutions through analysis.
- Strong technical skills with prior experience in assessing and critiquing health economic models
- Highly analytical with excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent interpersonal skill with the ability to build working relations both internally and externally
- Disease area expertise in Virology and Oncology preferred
- Experience in working in a dynamic, lean environment is preferred
- Customer focused
- Strong project management expertise.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word is also required.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese is required.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Brazil---Sao-Paulo/Head-Market-Access-Brazil_R0019511
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency