Research Assistant Professor (Immuno-pharmacology for New Drug Development)
Hong Kong Baptist University
SCHOOL OF CHINESE MEDICINE
Applications are invited for the following post in the Centre for Chinese Herbal Medicine Drug Development, which is located in the Hong Kong Science Park.
Centre for Chinese Herbal Medicine Drug Development
Research Assistant Professor (Immuno-pharmacology for New Drug Development) (PR0372/20-21)
The appointee is expected to perform the following roles:
• to conduct high quality and innovative research related to pharmacology of Chinese herbal formula that focuses on gut-related immunology and mechanism study;
• to supervise research staffs and PhD students;
• to apply for external competitive research grants; and
• to undertake any other duties as assigned.
Potential candidates should have:
• a PhD degree in the pharmacology, biomedical sciences or similar disciplines,
• at least three years of postdoctoral experience in pharmacology, preferably with experience in gut biology, immunology, bioinformatics, and/or molecular biology;
• a very strong track record in securing external grant and outstanding publication in the above-mentioned research areas;
• innovative, self-motivated with good planning and organizational skills; and
• ability to multitask.
Initial appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract up to three years. Re-appointment thereafter will be subject to mutual agreement.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (jobs.hkbu.edu.hk). They are requested to send in samples of publications, preferably three best ones out of their most recent publications. Applicants should also request two referees to send in confidential letters of reference, with PR number (stated above) quoted on the letters, to the Human Resources Office (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) direct. Those not invited for interview 4 months after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. All application materials including publication samples, scholarly/creative works will be disposed of after completion of the recruitment exercise. Details of the University's Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at http://hro.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions applicable at the time of offer.
Closing date: Review of applications is on-going until the position is filled.