Research Assistant Professor (Microbiology)
Hong Kong Baptist University
SCHOOL OF CHINESE MEDICINE
Applications are invited for the following post in the Centre for Chinese Herbal Medicine Drug Development, which is located in the Hong Kong Science Park.
Centre for Chinese Herbal Medicine Drug Development
Research Assistant Professor (Microbiology) (PR0371/20-21)
The appointee is expected to perform the following roles:
• to conduct high quality and innovative research to explore the role of gut microbiota in mediating the effects of Chinese herbal formula on human health and develop microbiome-targeted therapeutic remedies;
• to supervise research staff and PhD students;
• to apply external competitive research grants; and
• to undertake any other duties as assigned.
Potential candidates should have:
• a PhD degree or equivalent in microbiology or related disciplines;
• at least three years of postdoctoral experience in microbiology or human/animal microbial ecology;
• proficiency in microbiology techniques including anaerobic culture, strain isolation and identification; and
• a very strong track record in appealing external grant record and outstanding publication in the above-mentioned research areas.
• innovative and creative with good planning and organizational skills; and
• ability to multitask.
Initial appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract up to three years. Re-appointment thereafter will be subject to mutual agreement.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (jobs.hkbu.edu.hk). Applicants are requested to send in samples of publications, preferably three best ones out of their most recent publications. Applicants should also request two referees to send in confidential letters of reference, with PR number (stated above) quoted on the letters, to the Human Resources Office (email: email@example.com) direct. Applicants not invited for interview 4 months after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. All application materials including publication samples, scholarly/creative works will be disposed of after completion of the recruitment exercise. Details of the University's Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at http://hro.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions applicable at the time of offer.
Closing date: Review of applications is on-going until the position is filled.