Manager, Biostatistics (Inflammation)
Manager, Biostatistics (Inflammation)
United States - Washington - Seattle
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Works collaboratively with Statistical Programmers, Biostatisticians, Clinical Research Associates, Clinical Data Managers and other Clinical, Global Drug Safety, Regulatory and Project Management staff to meet project deliverables and timelines for statistical data analysis and reporting.
Provides statistical consultation on trial design and study endpoints, calculates sample sizes and authors statistical analysis plans, utilizes knowledge of Regulatory requirements and guidance documents to provide statistical advice with respect to creating a clinical development program, and uses knowledge of literature to provide data analysis and presentation methods to support publications/presentations. Works on 4-6 clinical trials / projects as well as other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Works independently on their own projects or studies.
- Leads the statistical analysis of a project or study in conjunction with Data Management and Statistical Programming.
- Constantly interacts with team members to challenge and generate new ideas.
- Understand the operations of the of the Biometrics function with clear expectation of the responsibility from other functional groups
- Works collaboratively with Statistical Programmers, Biostatisticians, Clinical Research Associates, Clinical Data Managers and other Clinical, Global Drug Safety, Regulatory and Project. Management staff to meet project deliverables and timelines for statistical data analysis and reporting.
- Provides statistical consultation on trial design and study endpoints, calculates sample sizes and authors statistical analysis plans, utilizes knowledge of Regulatory requirements and guidance documents to provide statistical advice with respect to creating a clinical development program, and uses knowledge of literature to provide data analysis and presentation methods to support publications/presentations.
- Works on 4-6 clinical trials / projects as well as other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Leads a specific component of a departmental strategic initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must have scientific programming capability with statistical software packages.
- Analyzes and utilizes complex information.
- Anticipates change and reacts quickly and proactively to accommodate business need.
- Proactively solicits views from others to gain common understanding and agreement.
- Leads by example and resolves conflict; manages processes for maintaining team cohesiveness.
- Uses statistical expertise to demonstrate effective persuasion.
- Understands strategic value of information and knows when and when not to communicate it.
- PhD degree in Biostatistics or equivalent preferred
Education and Experience:
- 7+ years of industry experience in the statistical analysis of biomedical data using software and a BS degree in Biostatistics or equivalent.
- 5+ years of industry experience in the statistical analysis of biomedical data with an MS degree in Biostatistics or equivalent.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---Washington---Seattle/Sr-Manager--Biostatistics_R0018146-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency