Assistant Editor - Food Science and Nutrition
At Wiley, we welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and embrace people who get excited about learning whether online or by book. Learning is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns. Wiley is a diverse, global organization and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The editorial group of Wiley is offering Assistant Editor positions based in our Beijing or Shanghai offices for our internationally-renowned food science and nutrition journals, including Molecular Nutrition and Food Research. As part of an international team of editors, the focus of this role is on evaluating manuscripts, handling peer review and making decisions on which manuscripts to accept for publication, You will also gain on-the-job experience in many different aspects of author services, such as the acquisition and development of journal content, networking with researchers at institutes and at conferences to stay in touch with the latest science and develop strong links with the research community, and working with authors and referees from all over the world.
How will you make an impact:
- Peer-review management for Wiley in-house journals
- Utilizing the ScholarOne Manuscripts system
- Networking with the global scientific and industrial communities
- Representing Wiley and journals at conferences and institute visits
- Acquisition of articles to further improve the journal profiles
- Cooperation with global in-house editorial colleagues
- Facilitating a shared editorial mission and coherent journal strategy, participating in regular meetings with colleagues and other editors
- Support related journals as required, Advanced Science News and other related portal and social media initiatives
- Cooperation with other author services, marketing, and account management colleagues to drive China business
We are looking for people who:
- PhD in life sciences (all areas; food science or nutrition are ideal disciplines)
- Native Mandarin speaker with excellent English (written and oral)
- Experience in scientific publishing and evaluation of scientific work
- Good and fast grasp of the main aspects of scientific publications
- Interest in scientific journalism
- Team player, strong communication skills, willingness to travel.