Executive Director, Clinical Research (Hepatitis Cure)
Executive Director, Clinical Research (Hepatitis Cure)
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The executive director will play a key role in all stages of development for product programs from the drug discovery stage through product registrations world-wide.
- Strategic input and oversight for ongoing and planned product trials / collaborations within the viral hepatitis cure (HBV, HDV) programs
- Develop and execute Phase 1, 2, and 3 clinical trials and provide scientific expertise on viral hepatitis.
- Report to a senior member of the virology leadership team who has direct responsibility for the overall research strategy and clinical and scientific development activities
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Lead clinical strategy and execution of all hepatitis cure studies, translational programs and research collaborations with close relationships with the research team
- Key member of a team responsible for all scientific aspects of conceptualizing, planning and executing trials.
- Oversight and responsibility for regulatory interactions including the preparation/review of regulatory documents, IND annual reports, IND safety reports, investigator brochures, and development plans.
- Provides ongoing medical monitoring for clinical trials
- Ensures adherence to regulatory requirements of study conduct and industry standards of Good Clinical Practice.
- Coordinates the collection and analysis of clinical data for internal analysis and review.
- Prepares presentations for scientific conferences as well as for clinical study investigator meetings and expert advisory meetings.
- Develops manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Serves as a scientific and clinical resource within Gilead Clinical Research
- Provides scientific and clinical guidance to Research, Biology, Virology, Toxicology, Clinical Trials Management, Biometrics, Global Drug Safety, Regulatory, and Project Management staff.
- Key insight and involvement in the evaluation of business development opportunities.
- May lead two or more specific components of organizational strategic initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
We're seeking a strategic, influential leader with the following
- MD, DO or equivalent.
- Expertise in immunology and translational medicine is required
- Experience in hepatology or infectious diseases highly preferred
- 8+ years' experience in clinical research or clinical pharmacology in a pharmaceutical company, contract research organization or academic institution with a proven success record in clinical research studies, trial design, execution and oversight.
- Direct experience in the strategic, and tactical implementation of drug development
- Experience in the design of study protocols, consent forms, case report forms, database design, data analysis and the construction of appropriate tables and figures
- Relevant industrial or academic experience in clinical research.
- Ability to think analytically and strategically to formulate, develop, and execute clinical plans.
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to set vision, lead change, and mentor others.
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team to cultivate an inclusive environment of respectful, open, and honest dialogue and to foster a robust sharing of ideas and creative problem solving.
- Excellent scientific written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to partner, influence and inspire others.
- Experienced with engaging internal and external experts in constructive scientific and clinical dialog around study design, study conduct, and interpretation of clinical results.
- Integrity, strong work ethic, scrupulous attention to detail, clear ability to establish and maintain timelines, and persistent commitment to ensuring a high level of quality.
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it's just what we do that gives us an edge, it's how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
- Integrity - Doing What's Right
- Inclusion - Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork - Working Together
- Accountability - Taking Personal Responsibility
- Excellence - Being Your Best
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Executive-Director--Clinical-Research_R0019482-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency