Associate Director Demand Planning and Forecasting
Associate Director Demand Planning and Forecasting
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Role and Responsibilities:
The purpose of this role is to mature and manage demand planning and forecasting activity for finished goods globally utilizing deployed processes to execute S&OP activity in order to ensure product availability for our patients.
The Associate Director is responsible for building a comprehensive demand plan. This involves the development, validation and circulation of the consensus based global forecast which reflects the regional demand requirements and includes orchestrating the monthly demand planning process, annual process and LRP strategic demand processes.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Lead creation of demand forecasts/plans with markets at multiple levels of aggregation over a 5 year time horizon while strictly adhering to the monthly demand planning calendar
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data with markets, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile variances and refine the forecast while understating and explaining error drivers
- Utilize a collaborative approach by working with Sales, Marketing, Finance, Manufacturing and Trade/Customer Operations to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used to build demand forecasts
- Use and maintain demand planning software as the primary forecasting system/tool
- Provide input to the supply planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer/market action plans with supply planning
- Lead local market and regional demand review meetings to also include pre-work and building of relevant material/presentations to be reviewed during each meeting
- Lead forecast/demand accuracy performance management activity and review with relevant business partners to improve portfolio performance
- Coaching, mentoring and initiation of improvement projects with business partners, where required
- Ensure identification, monitoring and reporting of assumptions, risks and opportunities relating to the medium and long term business plans. Escalate to Director of Demand Planning as appropriate
- Continually review the forecasting and demand planning process to ensure it continues to be up to date with current best practice and suitable for business needs.
Success Measured By:
- Develop strong relationships with your business partners
- Working closely with all other functions; Manufacturing/Regulatory Affairs/Clinical/Commercial Operations, Marketing, Finance and Sales
- Become the SME for forecasting and demand planning
- Understand and embrace S&OP principals and act as stakeholder in regional/market demand review and S&OP review meetings
- Act as change agent for continuous process improvement activities and roll-out
- Forecast accuracy, bias and completeness performance
- Process adherence to monthly demand planning and S&OP calendar
- Monthly demand review meetings with each region
- Demand planning process maturity
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
- 10+ years relevant experience in related field and a BS or BA; or 8+ years of relevant experience and a MA/MBA.
- Experience in pharmaceutical operations/cGMP environment highly desirable.
- Bachelor's or advance degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, or Management is preferred
- Extensive forecasting and demand planning expertise.
- Possess strong understanding and application of forecasting principles, concepts, practices in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Exceptional analytics capability
- Project management, supply chain transformation/business process improvement experience
- Budget management and financial analysis skills
- People management and project leadership experience
- Provide strong and visible leadership to business partners
- Strong communication skills, an ability to envision, energize, and enable both the PDM organization and other functions, and where necessary, lead performance management decisions.
- Travel required - up to 25%
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.avature.net/Gilead
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Director-Demand-Planning-and-Forecasting_R0019457-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency