Sr. Clinical Research Scientist I - Viral Hepatitis (HBV, HCV, HDV )
Sr. Clinical Research Scientist I - Viral Hepatitis (HBV, HCV, HDV )
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The clinical research scientist will play a key supportive role in all stages of clinical development for product programs from early stage development through product registrations and key late stage initiatives world-wide.
- Essential supportive role for ongoing and planned product trials within the Gilead antiviral portfolio focused on the treatment and potential cure/elimination of viral hepatitis (HBV, HCV, and HDV)
- Play a key role in the development and execution of Phase 1, 2, and 3 clinical trials while expanding scientific expertise in viral hepatitis treatments and disease management
- Report to a senior member of the virology leadership team who has responsibility for the overall research strategy and clinical and scientific development activities
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Will be part of a dynamic team responsible for all scientific aspects of conceptualizing, planning and executing trials
- Will be part of a cross-functional team in support of study protocol and case report form development, investigator brochures, and other study-related documents
- Working with the study director and/or medical monitor oversees all scientific aspects of ongoing clinical trials
- Will be a component of a team responsible for managing the preparation and/or review of data listings, summary tables, study results, study reports leading to regulatory submissions and responses
- Ensures adherence to regulatory requirements of study conduct and industry standards of Good Clinical Practice
- Coordinates and participates in the collection and analysis of clinical trial data for internal analysis and review, including secondary analyses intended to further the understanding of the clinical features and underlying treatment concepts for viral hepatitis
- Participates in development and execution of presentations for scientific conferences as well as for clinical study investigator meetings and expert advisory meetings
- Assists with manuscript development for publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Serves as a scientific resource for members of the cross-functional development team
- May lead one or more components of departmental strategic initiatives
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
We're seeking a dynamic, strategic thinker, with leadership experience or potential with the following:
- PharmD, PhD, or equivalent preferred, OR
- Six (6) + years post-completion of a MS degree with relevant experience in clinical research in a pharmaceutical company, contract research organization, or academic institution with a proven track record in clinical research
- Experience in the design of study protocols, consent forms, case report forms, data analysis and the construction of appropriate tables and figures highly desired
- Relevant industrial or academic experience in clinical research with basic understanding of Good Clinical Practices
- Ability to think analytically and strategically to assist with the formulation, development, and execution of clinical plans
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team to cultivate an inclusive environment of respectful, open, and honest dialogue and to foster sharing of ideas and creative problem solving
- Excellent scientific written and oral communication skills highly desired
- Integrity, strong work ethic, scrupulous attention to detail, clear ability to establish and maintain timelines, and persistent commitment to ensuring a high level of quality
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it's not just what we do that gives us an edge, it's how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
- Integrity - Doing What's Right
- Inclusion - Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork - Working Together
- Accountability - Taking Personal Responsibility
- Excellence - Being Your Best
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Clinical-Research-Scientist-I_R0019555-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency