Associate Director, Automation Engineer
Associate Director, Automation Engineer
United States - New Jersey - Morris Plains
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Associate Director, Automation Engineer
This position is responsible for building and managing all aspects of automation and the plant and developing a strategic plan for an improved/automated plant. This role will have up to two automation engineer reports. Filling these positions will an initial responsibility. This position is responsible for the design, installation, commissioning, qualification, staff training, maintenance, troubleshooting, optimization, and decommissioning of new and existing building and process automation systems.
- Performs project management for automation related projects using mastery of domain knowledge; Leads the cross\xad functional automation projects and initiatives with the moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity.
- Developing and commissioning code changes to PLCs and HMIs.
- Monitors project activities to ensure that all phases of work from feasibility to project closeout are done in accordance with corporate standards and contractual agreements.
- Analyze project requirements and develop a scope of work based upon broad automation engineering principles and established methods in the industry, which is consistent with current international and internal standards and specifications.
- Develops and reviews project charters, user and technical requirement specifications, RFP's for feasibility and provide high level capital cost estimates for project bid proposals in a timely manner.
- Establishes and maintains project budgets, cost estimates, as well as reviews purchase orders, change orders, and invoices.
- Identifies and addresses areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risks.
- Develops, monitors, and maintains project schedules; ensures that project objectives with regard to time are met. Maintains client, consultant, contractor, and vendor relationships; manages conflict resolution.
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others to adopt a different point of view.
- Evaluates, develops and selects standards, tools, and knowledge requirements for automation skills and career development.
- Manage multiple automation engineering projects/assignments, including coordinating with engineering design and systems integration firms in developing design criteria, preparing design documents, preparing bid documents and contracts for systems, reviewing bid proposals and selecting contractors.
- Manage all aspects of project installation and commissioning and qualification activities, safety inspections, determining operating requirements and writing procedures.
- Provide daily automation technical support to Facilities, Quality, and Production on process improvement, deviations and audits items. Provide automation technical support to streamline operations for safety and quality compliance, production efficiency, cost savings, and asset reliability.
- Maintain and improve system drawings and engineering documentation.
- Application of all local and international engineering standards and principles for compliance.
- Ensure all cGMPs, safety practices, applicable codes, engineering standards, laws and insurance requirements are met in the design, construction, start-up, and qualification of assigned projects.
- Comply with all job-related safety and other training requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels both within and outside the company in order to establish credibility with professionals on project teams.
- Able to creatively resolve issues as they arise.
- Able to drive solutions through others both within and outside the company.
- Results oriented and highly motivated.
- Anticipates business and industry issues.
- Recommends product, process, or service improvements.
- Identifies and resolves unique situations of substantial significance as related automation and control systems, requiring conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions to complex problems with impact on the business.
- Proficient in advanced techniques with relevant software.
- Experience in project management techniques, concepts, principles, and standards.
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills.
Required Education & Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Electrical/Computer, Chemical, Mechanical, Controls) and a minimum of ten (10) years of experience or a Master's Degree and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in an automation, instrumentation, and control systems role, preferably in a GMP environment.
- Experience on the following control systems preferred -Rockwell/Allen-Bradley, Honeywell XL5000, Siemens S7, Unicorn, OSIsoft PI, Wonderware.
- Field bus networks (AB DeviceNet, Ethernet IP, serial communication (RS-232) between PLC's and instruments, and Ethernet communication between PLC's and database systems.Experience with CMMS systems (Maximo, Blue Mountain RAM, etc).
- Proficient in AutoCAD and MS-Project.
- Project Management Certification and/or PE license.
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.yello.co/external/form/24a8oU4jF5UL3CKq7lO_Cg
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---New-Jersey---Morris-Plains/Associate-Director--Automation-Engineer_R0019523-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency