Senior Supply Chain Specialist
Senior Supply Chain Specialist
Ireland - Cork
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The brief of this role includes the following:
The ideal candidate will work on supply chain problems of a diverse scope, where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of identifiable factors, establishment of root cause & implementation of corrective actions to meet business targets on OTIF, Inventory etc.
- Will work across organizational, cultural and geographic boundaries to optimize company strategic results within the supply chain function.
- Responsible for introducing & integrating new technologies and\or new processes, as needed & support and develop inventory level tactics to support delivery of the business goals.
- Responsible for providing input to more senior team members on planning and forecasting challenges to drive continuous improvement in standards.
- Responsible for executing the planning and control of materials, finished goods, bulk and Britestock to meet OTIF and distribution demand & compile and analyse data to assist with decision-making.
- Responsible for the escalation and assessment of supply risks for assigned products
- Responsible for generating documents such as work orders, purchase orders, material transfer requests, and/or shipping documentation to support supply chain execution activities.
- Responsible for tracking progress with department managers, readjust schedules and communicate changes according to production progress, change orders, manpower requirements, product availability or other conditions impacting timelines.
- Will use approved methods to make decisions in line with company goals and objectives, e.g. transfer or delivery of inventory, production and purchasing schedules, prioritisation of product release.
- Will develop and implement programs with Global Planning, CMO suppliers and\or internal cross-functional team members to support continuous improvement activities.
Knowledge & Skills:
- The ideal candidate will possess good planning and organizational skills coupled with strong communication, time management skills and an aptitude for working with computer systems to plan and manage supply chain requirements.
- Will demonstrate an in depth understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards along with an in-depth knowledge of industry practices.
- Will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, strong analytical skills and problem-solving capability.
- Will possess up-to-date knowledge of business operating systems, DRP, production scheduling, Oracle\DB2\Access databases, and Excel, its uses and functions, and business need's and developments.
- Will be able to develop solutions to a wide range of moderately complex problems, which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
- Will be proficient in ERP system software, with emphasis in the Operations\ Supply Chain functionality.
- Will be knowledgeable in cGMP operations functionality.
- Relevant years of experience in related field and a BS or BA
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Ireland---Cork/Senior-Supply-Chain-Specialist_R0019533
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency