The Science Writer will provide expertise in the development of purposeful content for International Space Station (ISS) U.S. National Laboratory communications. This individual will support multiple projects, including the creation of content explaining the cutting-edge science and technology development conducted on the ISS as well as key research findings. The individual will work in a collaborative team setting, writing, and editing content for a wide range of media, including print, digital, video, and social.
- Provide topics and content for dedicated pages on the website. Tasks may include reviewing the current and past science portfolio and communicating details about space-based science and its potential commercial applications.
- Providing writing and copyediting support for content targeting business-to-business audiences as well as other audiences, including the scientific community, CASIS stakeholders, and the public. Content may include scientific and technical material, solicitations, collateral, presentations, writing for scientific and b2b publications, and technical reports.
- Gather, review, and document organizational and science portfolio data for quarterly and annual fiscal reporting.
- Provide other science communications support as necessary (e.g., for conferences, webinars, targeted campaigns, grant writing, etc.).
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including impeccable grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- 2-3 years of science/technical writing experience
- Knowledge of AP style
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and work with minimal supervision in a collaborative and positive team environment
- A self-starter with the ability to create content quickly and manage time to meet deadlines
- Experience with and knowledge of various social media platforms
- Track record in creating engaging and compelling content
- A collaborative team player who values the success of the whole team in addition to their own success
- A continuous learner
Desired Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in communications, English, or a related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Florida preferred, Texas possible