Medical Scientist - Ireland
Medical Scientist - Ireland
United Kingdom - LondonIreland - DublinUnited Kingdom - Belfast
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Medical Scientist (Ireland) - Invasive Fungal Disease & Cystic Fibrosis
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer, inflammation, invasive fungal disease, as well as serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Medical Scientist (MS/MSL) to join the Invasive Fungal Disease and Cystic Fibrosis therapy area medical team in Ireland reporting to the Director, for Medical Sciences, IFI (Invasive Fungal Infection) UK & Ireland. Working with the rest of the affiliate IFD team, the MS will engage with key Mycology, Microbiology, Haematology, Critical Care and Cystic Fibrosis centres and experts to discuss science, data and research related to Gilead products and provide medical education in the therapeutic area.
This MS position is for both the North & South of Ireland. The MS will be expected to live on territory.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Maps, understands and engages with key centres for the management of patients with invasive fungal disease and cystic fibrosis.
- Utilises scientific resources to deliver impactful scientific exchange and presentations in a variety of different settings to educate HCPs and Commissioners in line with the ABPI Code of Practice.
- Establishes strong relationships with opinion leaders and care providers in the Mycology, Haematology, Microbiology, Infectious Diseases, Critical Care and Cystic Fibrosis settings.
- Identifies and develops regional and national opinion leaders to support Gilead products and trains Gilead approved speakers through personal contacts and on-site or virtual visits.
- Through collaboration with opinion leaders and other key stakeholders, identifies and develops appropriate projects that support and drive the medical plan.
- Assists with Gilead late stage clinical and research programs in the Invasive Fungal Disease and Cystic Fibrosis therapy areas, including collaboration with investigators and internal Gilead personnel.
- Anticipates obstacles and difficulties that may arise in the field and resolves them in a collaborative manner.
- The MS works collaboratively with Gilead personnel in Market Access, Sales, Marketing, European Medical Affairs Team, Clinical Operations, and Global Safety.
- The MS role involves extensive travel including appointments and meetings across his/her territory, as well as national and international conferences and meetings in the affiliate office on a regular basis.
- The MS responds to clinical enquiries regarding marketed or developmental Gilead products and presents scientific and clinical data for these products when appropriate and in line with the Code of Practice.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- The candidate must have a strong scientific background. A medical or pharmacy degree, or a higher (e.g. MSc or PhD) degree are preferred but not absolutely critical if sufficient experience warrants the application.
- Experience as a MS/MSL within Mycology, Microbiology, or within the field of Haematology are highly desirable, although not essential.
- Experience in preparing and delivering presentations is required, with excellent interpersonal and verbal & written communication skills.
- The MS must have good scientific appraisal skills and be committed to continuing education to maintain knowledge base.
- Must be cognisant of regulatory and Code requirements for field-based personnel.
- Must have the ability to work as a member of several cross-functional teams that may overlap. These will include but not be exhaustive to: The national MS team, regional key account teams and the brand team for both Invasive Fungal Disease & Cystic Fibrosis.
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing)
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith)
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-Kingdom---London/New-Budgeted-Position---Grade-29_R0017915-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency