Software Development Engineering in Test
Software Development Engineering in Test
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization. Please check out more at https://nccareers.gilead.com/
Responsibilities of the Technology Engineer include:
- Work with Product teams to investigate and provide specific solutions for continuous integration and testing
- Setup of various CI tools for polling of repos
- Assist in managing, maintaining and supporting department testing tool set
- Monitor and collect feedback on tool performance including backup operations
- Drive improvements in existing automated testing framework and application lifecycle management toolchain.
- Review and assist in defining automated test strategy and configuration management planning for product teams
- Guide product teams on all aspects of test automation including unit, functional, regression, E2E, performance, etc
- Interacts with system analysts during discovery to define, analyze and estimate level of effort to deliver customer's technical requirements
- Analyzes customer data specifications and provide gap analysis
- Collaborates with technology manager or system analyst to clarify implementation or integration requirements
- Drafts technical design specifications based on interpretation of functional requirements and system analyst's input
- Develops and adheres to integration processes for implementation and data processing flow
- Deploys hardware and software components
- Implements system solutions and integrations as required
- Conducts unit testing of technical solution to identify defects and solutions
- Provides timely resolution to defects identified during all testing phases
- Executes approved change implementation plans
- Creates/modifies technical documentation for solution/infrastructure releases
Basic Qualifications: High School Degree and Fourteen Year's Experience OR Associates Degree and Twelve Years Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Ten Years' Experience OR Masters' Degree and Eight Years' Experience
- Hands on technical development experience
- Excellent technical writing, documentation, training, and communication skills
- Hands on experience as a developer, QA Engineer, or as an SDET
- Working experience in Java and .NET development
- Experience in automated test development of Web and mobile applications as part of Agile team
- Experience with designing and implementing Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment pipelines for a variety of projects and environments including Middleware, Database, Front End, iOS and Android
- Specific experience in the Life Sciences/Pharma/Medical Devices/Healthcare industries is preferred
- Skilled in programming languages, like JAVA, .Net, etc.
- Experience working with standard databases like Oracle, SQL Server etc.
- Experience with service virtualizations/mocking solutions to eliminate test dependencies
- Experience with data modeling and data architecture design
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills to troubleshoot technical issues
- Ability to learn and apply new and emerging concepts
- Handle multiple projects at one time and be very results oriented
- Work in independently as well as in a team environment
- Must be able to prioritize and demonstrate an ability to change priorities when the situation requires
- Experience with performance testing tools such as LoadRunner or JMeter.
- Proven experience with DevOps enabling tools such as Chef, Puppet, Docker, Git, Maven, Jenkins, and Azure DevOps.
- Proven experience with implementing test frameworks for unit and acceptance testing
- Administration experience of Microfocus Quality Center or ALM preferred
- Knowledge of AWS tools, services, and automation preferred
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Software-Development-Engineering-in-Test_R0017608-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency