Associate Director, Supply Chain
Associate Director, Supply Chain
Ireland - Cork
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Associate Director Supply Chain (Supply Chain Department)
This role is a backfill for an existing position within the Supply Chain Team at Gilead Cork to support the Purchasing and Labelling Operations Functions. The Labelling Operations function is responsible for managing all labelling changes in line with market requirements. The person will be responsible for working closely across multiple on-site departments and with the Regulatory teams in Gilead to ensure the changes are executed to plan, without negatively impacting schedules or product supply. The Purchasing team are responsible for all direct materials on site, ensuring sufficient material is available to meet the production schedules across manufacturing, primary and secondary packaging. Strong leadership capabilities are required.
- Manages operations and personnel, including organizing and prioritizing daily tasks, performing training and performance reviews to accomplish company objectives, in accordance with the budget and timelines.
- Manages complex processes across functions and interacts effectively with the other team members to ensure product labeling meets regulatory requirements
- Implements and assists with the development of Supply Chain policies, procedures, techniques, standards, and systems.
- Directs activities within the labeling operations group to meet company goals, including adherence to the site production schedule, while ensuring Gilead is compliant to the regulatory requirements
- Prepares project plans and manages projects to successful and timely completion. Provides expertise to the team and functional areas to anticipate, identify and resolve complex project issues which pose a challenge to achieving strategic goals.
- Responsible for ensuring the creation and maintenance of documentation to reflect the effectiveness and efficiency of department activities
- Supports the Continuous Improvement process by aggressively seeking ways to improve Supply Chain processes and performance.
- Directs activities within the Labeling operations group to meet company goals, including adherence to the site production schedule, while ensuring Gilead is compliant to the regulatory requirements
- Directs activities within the Purchasing group to meet required inventory levels for all direct materials, timely resolution of any quality related records for external suppliers.
- Responsible for working across organizational, cultural and geographic boundaries to optimize company strategic results within the supply chain function.
- Responsible for the introduction and integration of new technologies and\or new processes, as needed & support and develop inventory levels for direct materials
- Responsible for managing the NPI activity for the GSIUC site, for EU and ROW markets. This includes co-ordination of all site activity required to ensure that a product is launched as per the commercial and regulatory market requirements
- Works with Quality Assurance to resolve quality related issues with Labeling Operations & Purchasing
- Works on more complex issues where analysis requires an in-depth assessment, and potential consequences - more future oriented/preventive analysis to proactively manage quality risks
- Responsible for managing master data requirements, coordinating and prioritizing the requests to ensure timely response and action
Knowledge & Skills
- The ideal candidate will possess good planning and organizational skills coupled with strong communication, time management skills and an aptitude for working with computer systems to plan and manage supply chain requirements.
- He\She will demonstrate an in depth understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards along with an in-depth knowledge of industry practices.
- He\She will demonstrate knowledge and proficiency across multiple practices within the Supply Chain department at Gilead, to understand, coordinate and communicate across the competing demands of each.
- He\She will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, strong analytical skills and problem-solving capability.
- He\She will be able to develop solutions to a wide range of moderately complex problems, which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
- He\She will be able to direct and implement electronic solutions for supporting labeling operations and Purchasing systems
- The preferred candidate will have significant years of relevant experience in related field and a BS or BA; or
- Experience in pharmaceutical operations/cGMP environment highly desirable.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Ireland---Cork/Associate-Director--Supply-Chain--Purchasing-_R0018976
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency