Associate Director Government Affairs and Patient Advocacy HIV
Associate Director Government Affairs and Patient Advocacy HIV
Sweden - Solna - Stockholm
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of high unmet medical need. The company strives to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world. Founded in 1987, Gilead has approximately 11,000 employees and operations in more than 35 countries worldwide. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV, liver disease, and oncology
The Associate Director Government Affairs and Patient Advocacy HIV position reports directly to the Director Government Affairs for Nordics and has dotted line reporting to the regional Senior Director of Public Affairs & Patient Advocacy. This role will serve as a critical link connecting national agencies, NGO's and governments with Gilead and identifying mutual areas of interest between Gilead and policymakers, in an effort to advance the healthcare needs and expectations of these stakeholders. In addition, the role has responsibility for all HIV patient advocacy initiatives across the Nordics and will be responsible for cultivating an environment where governments value, reward and support access to Gilead's innovations, and where patient advocacy groups are able to articulate their needs to government to optimize health outcomes for patients.
Following significant environmental changes, the company has invested in the Government Affairs discipline to develop an innovational-friendly environment to enable patients to have access to our innovative portfolio.
Government Affairs and Policy strives to be a thought-leading function, valued for our analysis, insights and capability to inform policy change that enhances patients' access to Gilead's innovation. Our vision of success is to foster an environment where governments value, reward and support access to Gilead's innovation.
Core Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop, manage, and coordinate strategies and activities related to national and regional legislation, programmes and relevant institutions within the field of HIV, create a positive presence for Gilead Sciences among regional and national Nordic parliamentarians and members of the government, civil servants and its agencies, for the purpose of facilitating and enhancing Gilead's mission
- Excellent understanding of the environment and implementing an active contact programme with key stakeholders in the Nordics
- Serve as primary Gilead contact for Nordic HIV patient advocacy groups to maintain two-way dialogue with patient advocacy groups to understand priorities and opportunities for collaboration and support, while also sharing information about Gilead and our position on topics of mutual interest
- Develop and implement specific plans that allow the inclusion of patient perspectives and insights in dialogue and strategies serving our shared goal of enhancing patient access to Gilead's innovative medicines in the Nordics
- Together with Medical Affairs collaborate on disease and treatment education, public health policy, and support for capacity building of patient advocacy groups
- Together with Medical Affairs, and the Nordic Grants Committee assessing sponsorship requests and manage the Public Affairs grants program in the Nordics which includes reviewing applications for funding against predetermined criteria, awarding grants and following up on the outcome and impact of funded projects
- Together with Medical Affairs, engage patient advocacy groups in advisory boards to gather patient insights to inform our decision-making
- Collaborate with regional government affairs and public affairs leads to ensure alignment of the Nordic government, policy and patient advocacy activities to the corporate strategy, and to share Nordic best practices
- The candidate will travel to meetings and conferences in Europe for approximately 25% of their time, occasional travel to the US will be required
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Typically requires a BSc or BA degree, with significant prior experience in government, government affairs, public affairs or policy role. A MA or MSc degree or MBA and relevant experience is preferred
- Must have advanced skills, depth and expertise in government affairs as well as advanced business judgment and analytical skills
- Effective relationships with members of healthcare, business legislative, regulatory and policy community. Ability to build alliances with patient advocacy groups and other relevant NGOs
- Requires a strong track record of experience in patient advocacy or philanthropic work gained in similar roles in the healthcare industry or in NPOs/NGOs with a focus on healthcare
- Strategic thinker with ability to formulate, develop and execute on agreed strategies
- Knowledge of the Nordic healthcare system and key policies relevant for pharmaceutical market access for highly innovative medicines within HIV
- Ability to command respect with both external and internal stakeholders
- Sound business judgment and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Experience with budget management
- Must be fluent in English and Swedish; fluency in other Nordic languages is a plus
Gilead Core Values
Integrity (always doing the right thing)
Teamwork (collaborating in good faith)
Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Sweden---Solna---Stockholm/Associate-Director-Government-Affairs-and-Patient-Advocacy-HIV_R0017781-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency